What will happen if all tavernas choose smoking!?

Greece starts its non-smoking ban today (don't laugh) - I was wondering whether the government has thought about the affect on family life their policies will have. Most tavernas/ cafeterias in Greece fall into the 40sqm category - therefore enabling them to choose to be a smoking/ non-smoking establishment.... show more Greece starts its non-smoking ban today (don't laugh) - I was wondering whether the government has thought about the affect on family life their policies will have.
Most tavernas/ cafeterias in Greece fall into the 40sqm category - therefore enabling them to choose to be a smoking/ non-smoking establishment. Obviously nearly all have chosen smoking. This choice also comes with the 'children are banned from a smoking establishment' rule. Therefore making it virtually impossible for the brilliant family unit (which is one of the things I admire about Greece and Greeks) to go out together for Sunday lunch in winter. Wouldn't it have been better to have made all tavernas non smoking apart from the larger tavernas to be sectioned for both smoking and non-smoking?
What are your opinions on this?
Update: I HATE HATE HATE smoking so I was really hoping for a complete ban and not this half hearted attempt. It was/is interesting to read peoples' answers - so who is going to make these phone calls???? We live in a small town and I will report no matter what the outcome is! I am tired of arriving back from the... show more I HATE HATE HATE smoking so I was really hoping for a complete ban and not this half hearted attempt. It was/is interesting to read peoples' answers - so who is going to make these phone calls????
We live in a small town and I will report no matter what the outcome is! I am tired of arriving back from the paidotopo smelling of cigarettes!
Problem here is most tavernas are small and all have applied for the 'smoking' license.