Did you know Governor Mark Sanford voted for Bill Clinton's impeachment?

Yep... that's right. Then in the House of Representatives Mark Sanford voted to have Bill Clinton impeached on the grounds that President Clinton had a "lack of morality". Isn't it a funny world we live in? Now as Governor he does one better then Clinton and not only cheats on his wife, but does on the tax payers dime. He's also hoping to remain governor. Oh the hypocricy.

Favorite Answer

Clinton was impeached for lying. Big diff between that sin and Sanford's. One is still legal and one is not.

I understand that the GOP are the party of family values, even if they have mistrissess, or chase teenage Congressional pages, or solicit sex in airport men's rooms from undercover cops, or solicit prostitutes.

And Vitter, Foley, Craig, and Sanford all condemned Clinton for being immoral. I think this claim of morality is no longer credible.

And as a Democrat, with Spitzer, Edwards, and Clinton I can agree no party is immune. As Kissinger once said, " power is an aphrodisiac "

( though I don't know if this applies to Mark Foley's Congressional pages ). But yes, I knew this.

Oh, and the articles of Clinton's impeachment failed to pass a voice vote, so the motion did not carry.

When Chief Justice Renquist brought down the gavel, the

matter ended then and there. Clinton was not impeached.

An impeachment led by the infamous Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, a real moral pillar who has been through two sleazy divorces and was carrying on his own affair while leading the charge against Clinton. He is now one of the voices of conservative moral values on FOX news. And true Clinton was impeached for lying about that sexual behavior but at least he didn't pull an AWOL while in office ala Sanford and possibly use state funds to pay for his trysts.

• ATP

Yes, Mark Sanford need to resign because he is stupid. I mean, how did he think he could get away with this? Why did he left the state that he is CEO of and not have any contacts with anyone in the state? He should just resign for being stupid.

• momw

Funny

First off Bill was impeached on the grounds that he was lying under oath. Infidelity and moral decadence is not illegal in the US.

2nd this happened more than a decade ago, I'm pretty sure back then he didn't expect to fall off the bus and cheat.

I'm pretty sure all of us here when we get into a relationship we don't plan on cheating sometime down the road, that kind of thing just happens and hopefully we resist the temptation but many of us aren't strong enough.

• Jay

Sigh. The impeachment was because he committed perjury. Which is a CRIME. If you or I lied under oath, we'd be jailed. Really, it's not that hard to understand.

Then he won't mind anyone voting for his impeachment.

Edit for Anti: Oath, schmoath. In the US, there ain't one single lawyer, judge, or cop who don't lie under oath. In the US, a trial and the truth have as much to do with one another as a hot dog and a warm puppy.

Clinton was attacked for political reasons, founded upon his tryst with a young woman.

Larry Flynt didn't catch this guy

We need him to resume his expose of the repuke turds

Committing perjury would constitute a "lack of morality".