Anonymous

Has nationalism in the US really gotten that far to where now some people live in denial?

Look at this question

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ag_en...

I don't expect people to agree with me on everything, but there's a difference between an opinion and a fact. The question didn't ask "which country has a more interesting history", the question asked "which country has a longer history?"

I mean honestly, do some people sincerely believe that the US came first and THEN spain?

I don't pay much attention to the user but still, that doesn't mean Spain came after the US.

Best Answer

Well, I think the user (El Nino) fueled those answers with his previous questions of anti-Americanism and racism against blacks. He is truly an asshole of the biggest kind. But I agree that the U.S. hasn't have that long of a history especially compared to European countries. Spain does have a longer history than the U.S. has and this user was asking that to insult us about how "uncouth" we are.

Some people just have TOO much pride in the country.

Fact is,Spain was first,THEN U.S

Let the people think what they want,if they want to be ignorant towards the facts,then let them.They'll be the ones looking stupid if they say that in front of a historian,or anyone with common sense

wasn't Columbus from Spain?And he discovered the new world,America

• If you ask me, I think it was stupid of that questioneer to ask "Which country has been around longer?" I mean seriously, is he that brain dead he didn't recognize the obvious? I think that some people who said the USA were probably being sarcastic in a way. Compared to a lot of countries, the USA is only a teenager. If they are serious, then I'm just scared! Too much foolishness!

LOL, their answer to saving a sinking deliver it to convey forth extra water making use of the best judgment that doing so might make the deliver neutrally buoyant and consequently it does no longer sink, yet artwork in unity with the water around it. Sound logical and 'medical', would not it? regrettably there is extra to it than that.

Wow, that's pathetic. Does it really matter how long a country has existed?

If the age of something was the most important aspect, John McCain with would livin' it up in Washington right now.

That guy's just pissed about freakin' soccer. Yeesh.

COMPARE USA WITH SPAIN

WE AMERICANS ARE

1. bigger

2. richer

3. more powerful militraty

4. more people

5. nuclear bomb

6. more diverse meaning more culture

7. bigger citys

8. better opurtunities

9. higher standard of living

10. better at sports, oloymic games record

11. has won the 3rd most beauty contests, after veneuzala and india,

12. more music sold wordwide

13. biggest film indutrsy in the world HOLLYWOOD

p.s. being old doest mean much. look at pakistan. they have rich history, and unique culture, but they were only created in 1947. YET PAKISTAN IS HOME TO THE INDUS VALLEY CIVILIZATION AND THE INDUS RIVER!

INDIA WAS ALSO creeated in 1947. india was never a countrey before 1947. beofre it was called british india, and before the british it was called

"the mughal empire"

india was never called india, and it was never a unified countrt. but its rich culture and everyting is ancient!

indus valley. so just because usa was created after spain, it doesnt mean SHYT

No. They are just playing the same game as the damned troll. He wants to ask dumb questions so he can get dumb answers, come on socialist, anyone smart enough to type and navigate themselves to OC&G knows spain is older.

They are just pulling his chain like he likes to pull ours.

But in all seriousness, The US is better, richer, bigger, and more powerful, more diverse and somehow less racist (and spain has very little blacks and others) than spain.

Source(s): common sense from a realist

spain is older then usa, but compare it to pakistan. spain is a weak country.

pakistan had the 5th largest army in this world. it has nuclear bombs.

spain is nothing. no nuclear bombs and its not even in the top 10 largest army list!

Source(s): PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!!
  • Tara R

i didn't bother to answer that because the answer is obvious.

of course, spain has a longer history. the U.S. is relatively new as far as countries go. you guys remember that we had to fight with Britain to gain emancipation.

jeniiee was the only person who said USA

people are teachin him a lesson for pretending to be a spanish and makes americans hate on spain

hes an el chino pendejo!