Bad scrape, please help!!?

Ok I got a pretty big nasty scrape on the back of my thigh last night (long story, and embarassing ha). I cleaned it this morning, put anti-biotic cream all over it, and covered with a gauze bandage. I have a few questions. First of all, should I keep it covered with a gauze bandage or uncovered so it... show more Ok I got a pretty big nasty scrape on the back of my thigh last night (long story, and embarassing ha).

I cleaned it this morning, put anti-biotic cream all over it, and covered with a gauze bandage.

I have a few questions.

First of all, should I keep it covered with a gauze bandage or uncovered so it will scab over? I've looked on the internet and every sit seems to say something different.

Second, I'm going to Florida on vacation in four days. I'm not sure how it's going to work out with the salt water and all of that.

I'm kind of freaked out by this, never really had any injuries before, so I'm thinking of going to the doctor tomorrow. Am I over-reacting? Any help or advice would be appreciated.