Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

It looks like it was designed, therefore the only explanation is?

What could I add to this, I get a years supply of chastity pads if I win the big debate tonight (town hall style)

Favorite Answer

Looks can be deceiving. In both directions.

Some people claim all faith is blind, but my faith and my Faith is a carefully considered, carefully reasoned and very reasonable, rational and defensible faith. Were atheist Stephen Roberts (1901-1971) standing in front of me this moment, I would say to him, “I contend that we are both men of faith. I just have faith in one more thing than you do, and for very good reason. When you fully understand why I also dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I believe in mine, and you will believe also." -- B. Knott Wildered (Not my real name, but the quote is mine.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSh5wUtXt4

Youtube thumbnail

If I had to pick one song to be the theme song for the Baha'i Faith, it would likely be From a Distance by Bette Midler. World peace is what the song is about. World peace is what the Baha'i Faith is all about. What I do not understand is why so many do not even bother to investigate it. If it is not what it claims to be, you have wasted a bit of time. But what if it is and you ignore it? Do you realize that if you take just the people in the United States alone, and equate each one with one single, solitary second, you would have nearly a century? Over ninety-seven years! Now, if the Baha'i Faith is the best if not the only way toward finally achieving world peace, and each time someone ignores it, it adds a one second delay to the time when there will be peace, then we have just doomed our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren to a lifetime of wishing and praying for peace rather than enjoying it. But no matter what you do, no matter what you believe and no matter what you teach your children, sooner or later somewhere down the line your descendants will embrace the Baha'i Faith and each one will then add one more heart to our ever-growing, world-wide family.

The Baha'i Faith, uniting the world, one heart at a time.

The Jews await the Messiah, the Christians the return of Christ, the Moslems the Mahdi, the Buddhists the fifth Buddha, the Zoroastrians Shah Bahram, the Hindus the reincarnation of Krishna, and the Atheists - a better social organization! Baha'u'llah represents all these, and thus destroys the rivalries and the enmities of the different religions; reconciles them in their primitive purity, and frees them from the corruption of dogmas and rites. For the Baha'i Faith has no clergy, no religious ceremonial, no public prayers; its only dogma is belief in God and in his Manifestations (Zoroaster, Moses, Jesus, et al., Baha'u'llah).

Source(s): The next link is a statement on world peace http://info.bahai.org/article-1-7-2-1.html International and United States official sites: http://www.bahai.org http://www.bahai.us

The debate about something that TRANSCENDS the mind is useless! It is like trying to hold in your HAND something that is BIGGER than your hand.....You are trying to put FINITE LIMITS on an INFINITE concept......How can you DEFINE that which exceeds definition since it has no BACKGROUND......it IS the background as well as the foreground. You can not OUTLINE something that is bigger than everything!

Perhaps the only way to speak about it is THIS:

SCIENCE has PROVED that MATTER is NOT what it appears to be. Which is SOLID and CONTINUOUS in time and space..........the atom is actually 99.9999% EMPTY SPACE which is further PROOF that the Conscious mind of the individual does not see REALITY for what it is.

Einstein said that the reality we experience is an OPTICAL....."DELUSION" we are deluded by it.

I am not saying there is a GOD .....I am just saying that ANY GOD by definition can not be DEFINED it can only be INTUITED at BEST and in so you never know what it is for sure!

EDIT:@Thumbers down.......thumbing me down doesnt alter the FACT that I am right!

Source(s): AGNOSTIC/TAOIST

Could it not be that our own sense designs are inspired by nature? That all we have known is earth and the immediately surrounding universe?

Humans cant create things but we can copy and rearrange.

Yet they project their own expectations on to a universe that could not care less.

ID people sure think backwards.

It looks like it was designed, therefore the only explanation is that you reached that conclusion because of your personal bias.

Natural processes!

• єlly

Because humans are creators of skyscrapers and bridges and amazing buildings so we must personify a "god" as a creator of things we don't create: mountains, rivers, plants...

chuck norris did it

Are you talking about the universe? Please use correct grammar.