To eat or not to eat before getting drunk to avoid throwing up?

Okay, first of all, I'm just going to say that I'm not planning on drinking. I'm not of age yet. I'm just very curious because I've heard different things about this from family and friends and online Also, I think that the knowledge will be helpful for when I do get to the age where I can... show more Okay, first of all, I'm just going to say that I'm not planning on drinking. I'm not of age yet. I'm just very curious because I've heard different things about this from family and friends and online
Also, I think that the knowledge will be helpful for when I do get to the age where I can drink legally so I don't end up hurting myself.

So..
Some people say eat greasy foods before drinking. Others say eat things high in carbs like pasta or bread so they adsorb the alcohol. Then, some people say you shouldn't eat anything at all before you drink, as it increases your chances of throwing up.

What is the truth? What has worked for you or someone you know?
Thanks :)