LGBT: Do you think the movie "Bruno" looks offensive to you?

Do you think it will make some stereotypes about homosexual people worse than they already are? I'm not giving my opinion, I'm just asking yours.

Favorite Answer

Nope. I actually can't wait to see it- it looks hilarious.

Also, it makes no sense to me how we get up in arms when a straight production company makes a movie with a highly stereotypical gay man like Bruno, but we love it when a gay production company makes a movie with a highly stereotypical gay man, like Nico in "Another Gay Movie".

I'm gonna see it. It's obviously not a hateful movie; all in good fun.

Only great idiots would take it seriously.

I knew one girl who made fun of gays all the time and she actually thought they were like that.

-somebody mentions something about a gay person-

Girl: Eww I hate gay guys! They all act like Chris Crocker and the girls look like men!!

Me: Oh, please.

Girl: What! They do!

Me: You're sitting next to one.

Girl: WHERE?

Me: -eyeroll- It's not they choose their

sexuality.

Girl: Why don't they just sleep with a girl? Problem solved!

-True story-

Nobody takes people like that seriously, but I'm sure some middle school age boys will take the movie as an excuse to crack more gay jokes...I really do think not it will change the general public's perception of gay people.

At first I did because they make this gay man out to be slightly perverted and that's the image that's going to be put into million of people's minds. But then I realized that it can get those millions of people to feel more comfortable wit gay people. I don't know. I have mixed feelings about this movie. I can already see tons of angry people saying that this was very offensive.

• pinet

Did he inform you he did no longer choose you to exhibit screen it additionally? Your father in the international and your heavenly Father the two choose the useful for you. once you have infants you would be terrific able to parent what you're able to quite have them uncovered to or no longer. I easily have watched Bruce Almighty. i'm a Christian. the finished theory and concept at the back of this action picture is extremely anti-biblical. God could in no way and does in no way supply over area of his capacity and authority to an unbelieving complainer. undergo in strategies the main significant characters are in a sexual--non married courting. This is going against God's standards for sexual relationships--this ought to basically be interior of marriage. The action picture is extremely carnal and although the ending has a favorable spin it nevertheless falls far from a stable impression on a youthful impressionable strategies. Ask God to forgive you for disobeying your father and ask God which you wait and notice while your mum and dad inform you "no". this is on your terrific and you're able to desire to honor and appreciate them. Ask God for a deeper discernment approximately how video clips, books and human beings impression you. Ask God for his know-how approximately your action picture viewing and different activities. Ephesians 6:a million-3, "infants, obey your mum and dad interior the Lord: for it is optimal. Honour thy mum and dad; (that's the 1st commandment with promise) That this is properly with thee, and thou mayest stay long on the earth."

i think its too much of a joke to take offense. like everyone knows thats not how gay people act.

and remember

BRUNO ist rated R

I'll have to see it before I know

remember with Cohen the joke is on the people who think his character is real and don't see how ridiculous the situation is

I think that the stereotype is so obvious that the general population will see it for what it is, which is a goofy comedy.

It looks stupid, not offensive. It's hard for stupid stuff like that to offend me =3 I wanna see it.... it probably has a gay-friendly message.

Source(s): Happy to educate you ^^ *nuzzles*

yes its very offensive. im not gay but it is offensive it makes gay people look like jokes thats why i dont really enjoy gay comedy movies i like drama romantic gay movies.

i think people these days take everything to seriously. i'm gonna probably watch it because it seems funny