Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Should I seek medical attention?

Last night I was outdoors spending time with family, and when I came back in I noticed several mosquito bites, which is not unusual to me. However, I did notice that one (on the back of my left thigh) seemed to be larger than the others, and I also noticed some heat in the area. When I woke up this morning, the bite was swollen to the size of a silver dollar, and is red, hard, and hot. It is also very painful to the touch and is somewhat itchy around the edges. Does anyone have any idea what type of spider might have bit me? And if so, should I apply home remedies or just go ahead and make a trip to the doctor?

Thanks and God bless

• rosieC
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like a spider bite.; alright.

If you have been bitten and would like help identifying the insect, please take photos and post them here for everyone to view. Without pictures of insect bites it is very hard to determine the insect.

If you have been bitten by a spider, but are not sure what type of spider, then please post your questions and photos on this spider bite page.

Of all the posts about bites on this site, the following tips seem to be repeated throughout, no matter what type of insect bite it may be.

* Do not pop the bite to get pus out.

* Do not wait to go to the doctor, a few days can do incredible damage!

* Capture the insect that bit you if possible.

■Remain calm. Too much excitement or movement will increase the flow of venom into the blood.

■Apply a cool, wet cloth to the bite or cover the bite with a cloth and apply an ice bag to the bite.

■Do not apply a tourniquet. It may cause more harm than benefit.

■Try to positively identify the spider or catch it to confirm its type

=apply a cold compress, elevate the bite area, and avoid moving the bite area.

■If you develop an open sore (ulcer) and dead skin (necrosis), treatment includes removing the dead skin from the sore. This may involve follow-up and replacing the dead skin with new skin (skin grafts)

Call a health professional if :

■You have severe symptoms throughout your body.

■An open sore and necrosis develop. Necrosis is black dead tissue.

Site below will give you more info on different kinds of bug bites. including difeent kinds of spider:

http://www.badspiderbites.com/insect-bites/bugs-2/

Treatment consisted of a snow white Band-Aid and solicane spray

Bathe it in hydrogen peroxide, put on a triple antibiotic, no bandaid. Eventually apply a poultice made with golden seal on it

You probably need an antibiotic and a steriod cream which

can relieve the itchiness and pain.

DON’T WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. Get medical attention right away. Don’t just guess about it. You don’t want it to get any worse.

Source(s): professional nurse

I usually have a three day rule about going to the Doctor, but that is for illnesses not bites.

I would advise you draw a line around its edge.

Wait 36 hours. If it is bigger or has broken open in any way, go to the doctor.

If it is smaller then you are getting better.

If there is no change wait another 12 hours. If it is the same size of bigger, off you go.

I'm not sure what kind might have bit you. It could be anything really, it could also be your body reacting badly to a mosquito bite, The fact that the "venom" is working so slow probably means its not life threatening; however, if left untreated it may become serious, you ought to see a doctor about it.

• ?

no you may answer this question properly devoid of being a pediatrician and doing a actual examination of the affected person. while it includes limping it ought to be an harm or affliction of the limb, or it ought to easily be awkwardness brought about by the continued substitute in specs of the child's physique. A actual examination by using a qualified surgeon is had to tell the variation. That mentioned, strolling at the same time as keeping a stabilizing merchandise (cruising) and then falling while attempting to stroll devoid of help is developmentally established at that age. having the ability to stroll independently regularly takes a pair extra months to strengthen. toddlers continually fall plenty while discovering to stroll.

Yea i would. If it looks like a bulls eye (a big circle around the red bite) then it could be Lymes Disease.