which harry potter book does Harry's parents die?

i was wondering what book that Harry's parents die in?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They die before the first book starts, serius black dies in the fifth book, dumbledore dies in the sixth, and headwig dies in the seventh.

• 4 years ago

Lord Voldemort (a hundred% effective) and Bellatrix Lestrange (80% effective) because of the fact JKR likes sturdy to overcome evil interior the top. If i ought to upload greater, i could upload Peter Pettigrew, Lucius Malfoy, Molly & Arthur Weasley (i admire them, yet Voldemort goals father/mom figures of Harry...)= and that's reasonable), according to probability Hagrid =( and/or Remus Lupin ( D| Nooo....he's the main suitable....) maximum minor characters will stay, and the trio + Ginny will proceed to exist. Why did you leave Sirius on there....? That substitute into e book 5.

• 1 decade ago

Harry's parents die in the first book, the Sorcerer's Stone, or in England, the Philosopher's Stone. The scene is never actually described, but in the beginning, dialogue between Dumbeldore and Mcgonagall talk about the event in the very recent past-Hagrid actually brings Harry in that scene from his destroyed house. So-they technically die in the fist novel, but the actual death scene is never described.

Source(s): Sorcerer's Stone
  • 1 decade ago

They're long gone by the time the first book starts (10 years before it starts) The entire first hundred pages of the first book are about his parents and what happened to them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OMG, I never really paid attention to that. I took it for granted that they were alive till the fourth book when Voldy and Harry duel in the graveyard and his parent come out of the wand.

• 1 decade ago

They don't die in any of the books. We are told that they died when Harry was around a year old. After that he was living with his aunt, uncle and cousin.

• Emma
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

They don't die in the books. We are told at the beginning of the first book that they died prior to the series beginning.

• Remy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

To be fair, they have only just died when the first book starts because it begins with the wizarding world celebrating the downfall of Voldemort, which came about when he tried to kill Harry, immediately after killing James and Lily.

• 1 decade ago

11 years before the 1st book... They were dead, they died saving harry's life. That's when he was sent to go stay with his aunt Petunia and uncle vernon.

• They are already dead in the starting of the 1st book!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.