Radius asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

A Law School movie? Can't remember the name?

Dear all,

I remember watching a movie about a group of students that were enrolled in a very prestigious Law School (Maybe Harvard). All I can remember is that the one of the students (who is African American) lied on either his application/personal statement, or letter of recommendation stating that Johnny Cochran was his relative, or uncle. The school eventually found out and denied his financial aid or something like that.

I for the life of me cannot remember what the name of this film is called. I apologize but this is the only scene in the film that I can remember... please help!

• LJC30
    Favorite Answer

The movie that comes to mind is Soul Man with C Thomas Howell as a new Harvard Law student that take a scholarship for being African American and somehow changes the color of his skin and lives as a black man and sees what it is like to live with racism and stereotypes. Funny movie in 1986 James Earl Jones is his law professor.