Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 1 decade ago

Can you use your TxTag on Harris County Toll Roads?

I was wondering if I could you use my TxTag on the Beltway 8, Westpark Tollway, and the Katy Freeway in Houston? or do I have to get the EZ Tag?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you can. There are reciprocal agreements between EZ Tag, TxTag, and the Dallas area's TollTag.

I've used my EZ-Tag in Dallas and Austin. My brothers (in Austin) have used their TxTag here. No problems.

Word to the wise: Don't bother with the Katy Tollway except during weekday rush hours. It can save up to ten minutes between Katy and Loop 610. It is useless on the weekend (because traffic moves at 70-80mph on the non-toll freeway anyway) unless it is pouring rain. Conversely, avoid the Westpark tollway in rush hour, but do use it on weekends and during non-peak hours. Beltway 8 is a timesaver, even on slow weekends because Loop 610 is too far inward and Highway 6 and 1960 have too many traffic lights.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can you use your TxTag on Harris County Toll Roads?

I was wondering if I could you use my TxTag on the Beltway 8, Westpark Tollway, and the Katy Freeway in Houston? or do I have to get the EZ Tag?

Source(s): txtag harris county toll roads: https://tr.im/L7UqU
  • 3 years ago

Toll Tag Houston

• 1 decade ago

Yes. All Harris County toll road lanes designated with an EZ TAG sign will also accept your TxTag or NTTA TollTag for payment.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Katy Tollway

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ava5Y

you said yourself it was for unpaid tolls.you said it was a law suit. you never said you were charged, geesh. use a little common sense. ----------r4etired texas deputy sheriff----------

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.