Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Sugar Free Coffee Cake Recipe?

Does anyone have a delicious sugar free coffee cake recipe? I would like to make one for my dad, he is diabetic.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Here are 3 great recipes. Splenda is the greatest invention for diabetics. It's not real sugar, so it won't spkie blood sugar levels. It measures just like sugar, and doesn't lose its sweetness during baking. Here's a great recipe from the Splenda website...

***Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake***

Ingredients

•1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened

•1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend, packed

•2 eggs

1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla

•2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour

•1 tsp (5 mL) each baking soda and baking powder

•1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt

•1 1/4 cups (310 mL) light sour cream

Streusel:

•3/4 cup (180 mL) chopped pecans

1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend, packed

•1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) cinnamon

Directions

•Line 9-inch (2.5 L) square cake pan with foil, leaving overhang for handles. Set aside

Streusel:

•In small bowl, toss together pecans, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and cinnamon; set aside.

Coffee Cake:

•In large bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; beat in vanilla.

•In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, making 2 additions of dry ingredients and 1 of sour cream. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with streusel.

•Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.

***RASPBERRY SWIRL COFFEE CAKE***

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup Splenda granular

1/4 cup sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 egg

1 cup sugar-free raspberry yogurt

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted

1/2 cup seedless, sugar-free raspberry preserves, divided

2 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted

In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the chopped almonds. Pour batter into a greased 9-inch springform pan. Drop 1/3 cup of preserves over the batter by tablespoonfuls; cut through with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove sides of pan. In a small pan or microwave, heat the remaining preserves and drizzle on serving plates with the cake.

Yield: 10 to 12 servings

***BLUEBERRY LEMON COFFEE CAKE***

Note: This recipe is adapted from one I saw in an old Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine.

1 egg, slightly beaten

1/3 cup minus 1 tbsp Splenda

1 tbsp sugar

1 tsp grated lemon peel

2/3 cup milk

2 1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix

1 cup fresh blueberries

3/4 cup sugar-free powdered sugar*

4 tsp lemon juice

In a mixing bowl, combine egg, Splenda, sugar, lemon peel and milk, mixing well. Stir in the baking mix just until moistened. Carefully fold in the blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-inch round baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan.

To make the frosting drizzle, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Mix until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake.

Note: Frozen blueberries may be used but do not thaw before using.

• 3 years ago

Sugar Free Coffee Cake

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Cookbook - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?AKtZ
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Two Weeks Diabetes Cure : http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?yZMS
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lauren
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Gluten-Free Coffee Cake. Recipe courtesy of Ener-G Foods. Ingredients: 1/4 cup currants or raisins 1/2 cup shortening (not margarine) 1 1/4 cups sugar 2 eggs, beaten 1 tbsp strong brewed coffee 1/2 tsp vanilla 3 cups brown rice flour 2 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 2 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp instant coffee 1 1/2 cups yogurt 1 tbsp lemon juice Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Soak raisins in hot water for 1/2 to 1 hour. Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, liquid coffee and vanilla together. Add the brown rice flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in raisins, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and coffee crystals. Add yogurt and lemon juice and cream all the ingredients together to form a smooth batter. Pour into an oiled 10inch cake pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Traditional Walnut Cake Gateau aux Noix II 1-1/4 cups walnut pieces, including 7 unbroken walnut halves 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 3/4 cup sugar 3 eggs 1-3/4 cups sifted flour 1 teaspoon baking powder Pinch of salt 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flout a 9-inch springform pan. (Use a 9-inch cake pan if you do not have a springform pan.) 2. Set aside 7 of the best walnut halves and coarsely chop the remaining walnuts in the bowl of a food processor. 3. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter. Add the sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt one ingredient at a time, beating continuously. When the ingredients are well mixed, add the chopped walnuts and mix evenly. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. 4. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Loosen the sides by running a knife around the side of the pan. If you are using a springform pan, open it and loosen the bottom of the cake with a spatula. Turn the cake onto a cooling rack with a quick jerk. Immediately reverse the cake onto another cooling rack and garnish with the reserved walnut halves. Let the cake cool top-side up. From: The Walnut Cookbook

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Sugar Free Coffee Cake Recipe?

Does anyone have a delicious sugar free coffee cake recipe? I would like to make one for my dad, he is diabetic.

Source(s): sugar free coffee cake recipe: https://tinyurl.im/pdtoE
  • 4 years ago

I'm a 45 year old woman and was recently diagnosed as being a borderline diabetic. My doctor prescribed some medication, but before filling it I decided to do some research on the internet which led me to the methods. After reading this ebook and applying the methods, my scepticism turned to 100% belief. I noticed that my energy levels increased significantly and I felt more rested in the morning, my symptoms started going away.

I am very happy to tell you that I have been feeling better than I have felt in years and my doctor informed me that he will be taking me off my prescriptions if I keep this up.

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.