Questionnaire about ballet (just for fun)?

This is for anyone who has taken ballet class (even those people who have just started). It's just for fun, but I do want serious answers.

1) What was your first ballet class like?

2) What are your favorite things about ballet?

3) What are things you dislike about ballet?

4) How old were you when you began taking ballet?

5) Do you have to be a certain height and weight to take ballet?

6) How long did it take you to get on pointe shoes (based on when you first started taking classes)?

7) Did you do anything alongside ballet? Did it benefit your

improvement in ballet?

8) How much time did you set aside for ballet each day once you began taking classes?

9) Overall impression of ballet?

Thank you to all! <3

Favorite Answer

1) I was three when i started ballet so I have no memory of my first class. :)

2) I like dancing because it makes me forget everything else and it makes me feel good and pretty even if I have had a bad day. I also like it because i cannot catch, throw or kick anything to save my life so it is a fun way to get exercise in.

3) I don't dislike anything about ballet. Except maybe when something is really hard and I am working so hard to get it right but I just cant get it right, that is frustrating.

4) I started taking ballet when I was 3.

5) Anyone can take ballet. Their height and weight doesnt matter. If someone is a little overweight it will help them loss a few pounds. Because the stereotypical ballerina is stick skinny, some girls starve themselves so they can be really skinny too, so some of schools (mostly professional schools) make everyone be at least a certain bmi or weight. If they are not that weight or bmi, they have to stop dancing for a while.

6) It took me 7 years to start taking pointe. I started pointe when I was 10 years old.

7) I dont do anything alongside ballet. For awhile when I was younger, I took gymnastics, but I was very bad at it so I quit. It did not seem to help me improve in ballet.

8) I take 3 classes a week for 2 hours each. Other than that, I don't specifically set time aside for ballet everyday, but I do do some ballet most days.

9) I aboslutely LOVE ballet. It is a fun activity to do. Although I dont plan on pursuing it as a career, I know that it has and will help me

Source(s): I have danced for 10 years and danced en pointe for 4 years

I was so young, I barely remember it. All I know is I fell in love.

That I can focus all my energy on dancing, and becoming the character, and getting SO focused, that all my other stress disappears.

I don't like how difficult the body type has to be to achieve professionalism.

4

Not to take, but to achieve professionalism.

improvement in ballet?

9) Overall impression of ballet?

I love it and how it makes me feel when I achieve something so beautiful that so little people CAN achieve!!

I came right when they were learning the recital dance for ballet.

And right then, my teacher said, "your going to be in the middle of everyone"

So, I had to dance in the middle

The way that you can relax and just have fun,

and my pointe class.

The way that everyone stares at everything you do.

13

Actually, no

Two years, But they let me start after one year, because I had strong legs.

improvement in ballet?

I am in Jazz, Lyrical, Ballet, Baton, and Pointe

All of them help eachother

About 5-7 Tuesday, Thursday and Friday

9) Overall impression of ballet?

Love it

tons a fun

i like pointe

nothing

4) How old were you when you began taking ballet?4

5) Do you have to be a certain height and weight to take ballet?yes depends on the studio you must be 4ft11 for my level and under 100 pounds

6) How long did it take you to get on pointe shoes (based on when you first started taking classes)? 6 years first year wooo

improvement in ballet? everything yes

alot

9) Overall impression of ballet?

great

1) My first ballet class I remember I was so nervous! I wasn't sure how I would be, and I was w/ girls who have been dancing ballet for a long time. Now I'm one of the best in the class =]

2) My favorite things about ballet is probably the dances. It's my favorite.

3) Dislike about ballet? Nothing.

4) I started ballet @ 10.

5) You should be skinny or normal, definitely not obese or overweight. You look sloppy if you are, no offense.

6) 1 year! =) & I'm doing great, my arch is very nice :)

7) I have done 2 ballet, pointe, and comtemprary. Pointe helped me stretch my arch better and I have had a great toe point for ballet! Next year I'm gonna be taking 3 ballet (yayyy!), pointe, lyrical comp, and modern!

8)My first year was only an hour a week, then it was 2 hours. I also had pointe, so that's like 3 hours. I was always practicing pointe @ home.

9) I absolutely love it. I didn't start dance w/ ballet, I always used to take jazz. I think I was meant for it.

Source(s): Dancer of 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!

1) I was really young and can hardly remember. I just remember my mum dressing me in the uniform and when i got there being taught the 5 positions. It was a lot of information at first and I remember wanting to join in with the older girls class on the bar!

2) I love how it feels when you dance, when you get it right and the sense of achievement. The costumes are great too!

3) I love ballet! But I don't like how some schools are really competitive and bitchy...

4) I think it was around the time i started nursery so like 3 and a half or 4

5) I can't remember what my teacher said but schools so have heights you can't be taller or shorter than and a heavy ballet dancer wouldn't be the easiest to be lifted.

6) I was 11 and man it killed my feet at first!

7) I did tap and contemporary and have recently done lyrical too

8) I did loads of ballet! I did it at home too! erm I would practice for about an hour just by myself at home each day and classes.... 4 a week

9) Beautiful, elegant and amazing!

xxx

1) What was your first ballet class like? i dont remember it was when i was 5

2) What are your favorite things about ballet? technique, balance, funness

3) What are things you dislike about ballet? its pretty hard...

4) How old were you when you began taking ballet? 5

5) Do you have to be a certain height and weight to take ballet? no

6) How long did it take you to get on pointe shoes (based on when you first started taking classes)? im not on pointe because i quit ballet for 5 years and just started again last year

improvement in ballet? i do lyrical and acro...probably

8) How much time did you set aside for ballet each day once you began taking classes? none i dont have time besides the class

9) Overall impression of ballet? awesome

1) What was your fist ballet class like? My first ballet class was crazy. We were so little and we had such short attention spans! :)

2) My favorite things about ballet- My favorite things about ballet are that its relaxing yet strenuous, its really beautiful, has helped me with my posture, requires grace and poise and has become my life!!!

3) I dislike- The commitment I think and that its an art where people are bound to show off a bit and there are always the best girls who are model students in the class.

4)I was 5 when I began taking ballet!

5) No! Not at all! There are people of many different sizes and weights that are in my ballet class and all are very talented. You always see anorexic looking ballerinas but once they start starving themselves it is very difficult for them. I know a larger girl who is a very talented ballerina in fact.

6) 4 years of classes twice a week in order to get on pointe.

7) I did other types of dances as well as yoga. I think that just the breathing techniques and the focus on flexibility benefitted my ballet technique.

8) About an hour (give or take) every day.

9) I love it. It is my love, my life! It is amazing!

=]

Cool survey *stars for you!*

it was fun and i sooo enjoyed it but iwas very nervous!! but i soon over came it!

making friends and just leaning new things and performing

having to redo or learn something tht looks hard!!!

16

no... well obvisoly nt obese but not tooo thin

not on pointe yet...only on grade 4

improvement in ballet? i do Tap grade 4 and i think ballet has help my strength n posture alot more lol x

8) How much time did you set aside for ballet each day once you began taking classes? i have monday n thursday dancing and the rest freeeee tho i do have to be kept busy but i do slleepp in sumtimes lol

9) Overall impression of ballet?

amazing and i soooo enjoy it and my Tap classes!!!!

1. It covered all of the basics like plies

2. I love doing pirouettes and how dedicated you have to be.

3. I don't think there's anything i don't like

4. I started when i was 4 years old

5.Nope, i was a little overweight when i started ballet again and average height.

6. I'm working towards pointe shoes, but haven't yet since i've had too many re-locations and have been focusing on hip hop

7. I did hip hop and jazz and they both helped me with my stamina in ballet but since ballet is a main dance that other dances branch off of, they didn't do a significant amount of help

8. I dedicated an hour a day for stretching, drills, and practicing my routine

9. Ballet is a great sport that gets you into shape as well as finding yourself