Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:22-23 is there a conflict?

Matthew 1:22-23 claims Jesus birth was to fulfill Isaiah 7:14. But when I read Isaiah 7 he is not prophecising about Jesus. Isaiah is providing a sign to Ahaz. He says to Ahaz, "But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid... show more Matthew 1:22-23 claims Jesus birth was to fulfill Isaiah 7:14. But when I read Isaiah 7 he is not prophecising about Jesus. Isaiah is providing a sign to Ahaz. He says to Ahaz, "But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste." This took place some 500 -700 years before Jesus and was meant to take place in Ahaz lifetime since the sign was meant for him. Also Isaiah 8:18 says "Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion." So apparently this child Immanuel is one of Isaiah's children. When I mention this to Christians they get a glazed look in their eyes and can't seem to understand what I am saying. Are their any Christians here that can understand what I am saying? No offense intended.
14 answers 14