thez2 asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Marine Corps Boot Camp Training?

From graduation of high school to my date of Marine Corps boot camp, I will have about 7 weeks in which I have nothing to do.

During this time I want to do the best I can to prepare myself for the physical demands that boot camp will have.

Can anyone who has been through boot camp, give me any advice on how I can prepare myself during these 7 weeks?

Can anyone verify the legitimacy of http://marines.vipbootcamp.com/ ?

I appreciate the answers guys but can anyone assist me by telling the challenges of boot camp, as well as workouts I can do that will prepare me? I aim to be Company Honor Man. I know many of you would say I'm over my head to think I would ever be that and I would agree. That's why I want the best preparation possible. Thanks again guys.

Favorite Answer

First of all, I'd try getting into some good physical shape since you'll basically start out running everywhere you go.

Suggest contacting your recruiter since he may know of a group of recruits that will be running together to get into shape before entering boot camp. If you're going to USMRD PI (Paris Island), then prepare to be hotter than hell during the summer months. If you're going to USMRD San Diego, take your sun glasses. ;-)

Boot camp will definitely be tough if you're not prepared physically and the DI will ride your tail until you are in shape. Try to get things right the first time and don't screw up since the rest of those in your basic camp class will pay for your mistakes. Don't give the DI an excuse of accusing you of writing your own drill manual.

Honor, Duty and Country. Remember that. It will be your motto.

Source(s): USMC 1969-1971
  • Joseph

The link is a lot of bull. Except for one statement: 'nothing can prepare you for Marine Corps BooT Camp'. That's the truth. It will change your life forever. and that's a good thing.

The Corps has accepted you as a prospective recruit. That means that they think you have what it takes. Just continue to keep yourself physically fit. And keep your mind clear. Don't complicate yourlife with a wife or something like that. All that can happen after bootcamp. Not now. Good Luck.

I've been in the Marine Corps for 8 years. Do not buy that thing... save your money and ask your recruiter what you need to know, it's their job to prepare you.

Run run run... sit-up's.... run run run... pull ups (do a lot).

I'd say Run ever other day... do some weight training. When you do your sit ups work up to 150, you're young it should not be hard. Also do pull ups this will help you out A LOT.

The drill instructors will tell you what you need to know when you get there. Kick butt and good luck.

SSgt. T

I joined at 17 and went in 3 days after graduation. At 17 you need parents consent to go int but at 18 you can go with your signature. In fact I was still 17 when I graduated from boot Camp, Finished school, and was stationed in the fleet. I didnt turn 18 until after I got to the fleet

Hi, if you want to be really prepared for Boot Camp i suggest you read some of the tips on http://marines.vipbootcamp.com/

Leatherneck.com

Marines and Former Marines will fill you out a personalized workout. Fill out our profile and search for pre boot camp workouts.

Source(s): Hope to see you in the fleet.
  • Tommy

The physical part you can prepare for by running and lots of upper body strength stuff. What you can't prepare for is the mental toughness. Be open and do what it takes.

Dude, your Marine recruiter will have dep meetings ensure to you are ready for boot camp. pay attention and do well congratulations and thanks for choosing the Corps.

Your Marine recruiter will tell you what you need to know and do.

Source(s): Marine Corp. 6 years!

start training with your recruiter, a lot of stations offer to help pooles and will excersize with you, just ask