? asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Will carter bring orlando home the championship or did we get worse?

Still Superman's team

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

its like this man. vince cater is better than lee right now. but the moves orlando made were win now moves. vince is 30 plus years old, but he is a veteran player. i like the trade, but now they cant sign hedo. they don't have a small forward now. now if they trying to win they would pay the man 8 to 9 million for 3 years. then can compete with every other team out there. now i don't think orlando will do that, because it puts them over the cap.

• 1 decade ago

Well, I think we got the worse from tradin COURTNEY LEE.. Also, Hedo Turkoglu is a much better passer than Carter and Vice Carter, well he isnt what he was back in the days. Carter wil want the ball more and Howard will want it too. But still, we dont know how Carter will fit in the Magics so they might get better cuz probably Vince Carter will do good with the Magics, probably he will be doing way better than when he was with the Nets..

PS. COURTYNEY LEE WAS MAGIC'S FUTURE..... WHY GIVE UP AN ENFORCER,,(DEFENSIVE GUY) FOR A SOFT GUY.... VINCE CAN SCORE THOUGH,, SO (I DO NOT KNOW)

• Drock
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

With Carter you got Better, however it's too Bad Hedo has decided to go elseware, since he opted out of his 7.3million dollar last year of his contract with the Magic, and they can't afford to offer him more. I still see this team in the finals at the end of the season. Plus if Superman improves on his Free throws and post game during this offseason, Watch Out. Rumor was that he was supposed to be working out with Bynum this offseason.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think they got better but still not enough to win a championship. Although, if they are able to get passed Cleveland next year then, yes, they have a really good chance. Carter is way passed his prime though...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't think the Orlando will win the championship next season with VC15.

but they will still be a title contender team next season.

• 1 decade ago

there is a big chance,the one bad thing though turkoglu won't be a magic anymore,but thats fine carter is alot better than him anyway and another bad thing,the other teams that was unable to compete for the nba championship this year will be back (boston celtics with k.g again,rockets with tracy and yao back again) thats gonna be hard for the magic to win a championship

• 1 decade ago

They got worse. They traded away Lee with a lot of potential. Got rid of their Back up PG. Plus this trade causes less match up probs for the Cavs. They can't resign Hedo who is in his prime and is a better fit for the magic than vc

• 1 decade ago

it is really bad for the magic..i think the trade doesn't benefit them as much as we expect it to be..Carter is talented and he might be as talented as Kobe but he doesn't have the heart to win and he is very inconsistent..The Magic could still win it next year if Turkoglo stays, they can't rely too much on Jameer to make plays for them for Jameer is a scoring PG and not a playmaker like Turkoglo..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

can u say repeat the lackers.the magic do have talent and will improve with vince carter i must say but the lackers r to strong and the magic do not have a good enough bench i believe to ever beat the lackers

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I think they will be around the 6th seed in the East:

But they won't go into the finals

They got rid of there Playoffs point guard there 1st round pick & Tony Battie:

For Vice Carter:

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.