Heat rash or allergy?

For the last week it's been very hot and humid in our house (about 85 degrees and 80% humidity). My 1 year old daughter broke out this morning in a light rash of tiny raised red bumps - it's hardly noticeable and I didn't really even see it until I gave her a bath, but hubby says she had it this morning when he got her dressed. She has been in nothing but a diaper for most of the week. It's only on her shoulders and torso. We also started giving her whole eggs on Wednesday of last week, but she has been eating whole eggs cooked into food for months now. So, my question is, do you think it's heat rash, or an allergy to eggs? I do plan to call her doctor tomorrow, but I was curious to see what others thought.

We do have ceiling fans running all the time, but we don't have A/C.

Favorite Answer

Heat rash if it was an allergy there might be more severe symptoms. My children get heat rash every now and then and it's small raised bumps and it does go away, don't worry

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Heat rash or allergy?

For the last week it's been very hot and humid in our house (about 85 degrees and 80% humidity). My 1 year old daughter broke out this morning in a light rash of tiny raised red bumps - it's hardly noticeable and I didn't really even see it until I gave her a bath, but hubby says she...

Source(s): heat rash allergy: https://tinyurl.im/HhHEU

My baby had this a few weeks ago! I took him to the doctor, as he had it all over him - head to toe. The doctor said that is was a reaction to the heat - not a heat rash as such but just a reaction and that there was nothing I could do and baby James would probably get it again. I asked of there was anything I could do to help it and he said no it will just go of its own accord and you know what - it did! If you're worried though I would always say get it checked out!

If this is only coming on now,and she's already had the eggs introduced for months,then best guess is the heat. I'd plug in a bunch of fans if the air condition isn't working.

Definitely sounds like a heat rash.

• Joseph

Heat rash. Zinc Oxide or Zinc Ointment. Available over the counter - no prescription.

Stop giving her the eggs and see what happens.

I would give her an oatmeal bath.