Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

What countries are enemies with Australia?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Australia currently has no sovereign powers as enemies. They are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, but (at least in theory) they are doing this with the cooperation of the governments of those countries.

Of course, as a prosperous western nation engaged in those wars, Australia faces some threat from terrorists, but there have been no successful terrorist actions in Australia yet.

On a wider geopolitical basis there will always be potential threats. Indonesia is the obvious one. A populous nation not far away. Although I am sure that our military is planning to resist an Indonesian invasion it is currently a very remote prospect.

Over the next century or so the drivers for international tensions are likely to be climate change, potentially causing large dislocations of populations, and conflicts over energy, water and resources. There is an argument that with wars in Iraq and sabre rattling over Iran we have already seen the first shots exchanged in the energy wars. Australia has little water and few energy resources, and will possibly be worse off after climate change so may escape disruption from those causes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Australia has supported the United States in its war in Iraq, so you might be able to say Iraq is an enemy of australia. However, that's stretching things.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no countries are enemies with australia

• I don't think Australia has any enemies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Austria is enemies with Australia because they copied the name.

Source(s): my own head!
  • 1 decade ago

north korea they are the enemy of the whole world

• 1 decade ago

South Africa, because of rugby. But it won't lead to war.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.