Bearings for rotational demonstrations?

I'd like to make some science demos for rotational motion, but I'm not very familiar with the types of bearings. For example, demonstrating the gyroscopic stability of bicycle tires as they rotate or showing how water forms a parabolic curve as it rotates on a turntable...something that is easy to turn and... show more I'd like to make some science demos for rotational motion, but I'm not very familiar with the types of bearings. For example, demonstrating the gyroscopic stability of bicycle tires as they rotate or showing how water forms a parabolic curve as it rotates on a turntable...something that is easy to turn and will turn for a long time with hardly any effort. I'm in need of some inexpensive bearings that will not be supporting very much weight (maybe a few pounds), but will allow for easy and long rotations. Someone had suggested skateboard/rollerblade bearings, but I'm not familiar with the companies or the codes used in describing the bearings. I'm looking for bearings that are about 1/4" to 1/2" ID and 1" to 2" OD, but would prefer to keep the OD fairly small and I'm flexible as to the dimensions. So any suggestions and education of the types and codes of the bearings would be appreciated.
2 answers 2