What does the early stages of labor feel like or what did it feel like for you how long did you wait to go?

when did you go to the hospital? what did they say and were you dilating etc?Im over 38 weeks and i have been feeling not so good since yesterday, baby is low and i feel pressure when i move walk or lay down. I havent had any appetite, feel like crap. I have had a lot of cramping but its almost more constant then anything. I dont know if this labor or not but its very uncomfortable when i stand. Also have bad back aches and have had a headache off and on for 3 days!

I lost my plug 2 weeks ago, i was over 1 centimeter last week.

How long does the first stages usually last and can you go through them at home and safely make it to the hopsital before active labor? I have a 7 year old but its been a long time since i have done any of this and i never felt labor with him, i just had a feeling went in and i was in labor. They got me set up and before i knew i had the Epi and he was here within 7 hours so i juts wonder.

Thanks ladies!

Favorite Answer

every pregnancy is different some women do not even feel strong pain... It really sounds like to me that you are in labor... you should go to the hospital and get checked... and since it has been so long I would ask to be induced because what happens if you go home and you are already open sometime you can open the rest of the way in a couple of hours.. and you may not have enough time to get there... Go to the hospital it does not hurt ... better safe then sorry...

Source(s): I have 3 and with my last pregnancy I was not having strong pains... I just thought I was feeling really uncomfortable... but just to be safe I went to the hospital and I was already 7 centimeters.... I had him while waiting for my doctor to get there.....

Every person is different. When you feel regular contractions, every 5 minutes apart, that have lasted an hour or more, then it is safe to go to the hospital. If you go with the symptoms you are describing, you will be sent home. The best thing to do, is if you are comfortable at home, then stay there. Shower, eat, use your tub, and rest. Once you get into the hospital, you will be strapped on to a fetal monitor, have an IV, etc. If it gets to be too much for you, call the doctor. They will give you advice on what to do.

Source(s): I am an OB (labor and delivery) nurse.
  • vates

Early exertions may also be diffrent for plenty of persons and final decades. Dropping is a well signal that the youngster is positioning for exertions. If your water does not holiday quickly, your exertions contractions will begin to emerge as extra consistant as soon as they're 7-10 minutes aside for a consistant 30-forty five minutes I might head to the hosiptal. Atleast name your medical professional and get a few recommendation from him/her