Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What do you do at Home?? especially when you're bored?

when you're not at work/school or hanging out with friends and family. When you're stuck at home,bored to death,What do you normally do to stay occupied??

I've just gained a few pounds by just staring on my Computer for hours and eat cheeseburgers...

Favorite Answer

Play a computer game (scrabble, mah jong or bridge for me), read a book or magazine, do crossword puzzles or sudoku, listen to music, watch a movie, write in a journal, play a board game, or answer questions here on yahoo answers. Cook something, clean the house, go for a walk, work out, call a friend, send emails, visit someone, or even go shopping.

Writing in a journal is an interesting thing to do, especially when you go back weeks or months or even years later and read what you wrote. Buy yourself an interesting blank journal that represents who you are, and start writing your daily thoughts, ideas, and important events. You'll be surprised at how quickly you will look forward to the time you spend with it each day. And it could become a powerful record for posterity.

Look for a new hobby. Find something that is of particular interest to you. Possibly you might like to begin researching and compiling your family tree. I am sure many members of your family would encourage you with a project such as that. A couple of other things that come to mind that I have found interesting in the past, and they now occupy my grandchildren are learning to do origami (read the story about Sadako and the 1000 paper cranes, and maybe start a paper crane project of your own), and another is learning to tie different knots (most book stores will have a book on the different knots, and it is quite interesting, and also a very useful skill to have).

Take a class - learn the finer points of digital photography, painting, writing short stories, small appliance repair, playing bridge, dog grooming, pottery, home maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, quilting, scrapbooking, or anything else that is offered in your area. Often you can find classes that are free, or almost free.

Finally, and probably most importantly, if you find yourself bored often, consider volunteering. It will give you a new focus in your life, and it is a good feeling to help someone less fortunate or more in need than yourself. It can be a life changing experience.

Boredom is a choice you make, not a state of existence. If you are bored, it is because you are allowing yourself to be bored. Look around you. Most likely you have books, and a wide variety of other possessions. Look at the things around you and think of ways to use them. If there are people around you, think of ways to help those people. Think of others and how to help them, not yourself, and you will never be bored.

Why don't you surprise him at work once and awhile..... That should be fun!! LOL When he is gone, it would be a great opportunity for you to focus on yourself. Take a class at the local college or even a exercise class, read some good books, I would be catching up with old friends. Volunteer at a hospital or animal shelter. Knitting or sewing would be fine too! Shopping is fine but I think it gets old after awhile-- Do you really need more stuff?

• Gasbag

1. Yahoo Answers.

2. Clean house.

3. Wash and dry clothes.

4. Mow the yard.

5. Watch TV.

6. Read a book.

Y!a,text people,watch tv/movies,read,listen to my ipod,just sit around thinking...i do all that a lot now because my friends left me so I'm stuck sitting at home all summer. I cant even go to the mall or see a movie or something because nobodys home to give me a ride

Watch tv, take my kitten outside in the garden and watch her sniff about, go out on my bike, go on yahoo and answer interesting questions like these, experiment with fire, eat waffles, clean my kitten's litter tray, youtube music vids, google random things, talk to myself, have a bubble bath, mutter *NRAFF. NRAFF* randomly, sleep, clean stuff in the kitchen, annoy my kitten by putting her paw over her eyes when she's sleeping...

When I'm bored..... Jack Off, Video Games, Computer, Jack Off, Shower/Jack Off, and then computer... In that order.

I go on the laptop if i get bored of it from sitting i will be calling my friends and plan something for that day.

or just sit their not do anything.

• XYZ

surf

good 4 u

well my parents will be gone for a week...so just watch tv, hang out with my best friend (she's my neighbor)...computer...oh and walk down to the pool...and read! haha

i used to play a game callled runescape but then i got addicted to it lol but yesterday i stopped it ! ive played it 4 years!can u believe it? right now im answering questions ppl ask and gonna utube..

pce

dont play runescape it is much more addicted than marijuana and cocaine together