Atheists, if you have a choice, would you prefer if there's an afterlife or no afterlife?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • CJunk
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would prefer an afterlife. One like this.

PS. I have lived a life worse than most atheist and theist, but yet i still want it to go on for eternity.why??? because i know how to overcome all mental psychological dispositions, unfortunately. My only resting place is reason, not emotion... and I am in love with reason, so much so that if I ever se a girl exhibit strong rationality, thats enough to give me a *****. LOL

the desire of an eternal life is natural and is the origin of religious thought.

any person that does not want to live forever in this life, is not truly human. They do not know what it means to see life with no personal god in it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If one is an atheist, that would mean that they do not believe in an afterlife. So with that in mind, I would say most would prefer there to NOT be an afterlife.

• Megs
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Temporary afterlife. As long as I can keep moving on to something new, I think I'd enjoy an afterlife or afterlives. If it's spent continuously doing the same things, visiting the same places, etc., I'd rather permanently call it quits and leave the afterlife to people who are infinitely easily amused.

Source(s): Atheist/secular humanist
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

An afterlife would be a nice surprise but I have nothing against simply ceasing to exist either.

I wouldn't want there to be an afterlife if its the afterlife of the Christian god though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

IF I was able to choose an Afterlife into existence, for sure I would. If I could do that I would also make sure that that Afterlife consisted of the ability to access any point of the Universe instantaneously. Chilling out in the Universe for eternity, that`s heaven to me.

• 1 decade ago

No afterlife. I would eventually get bored if there was an afterlife.

• 1 decade ago

It might be nice to have a brief afterlife but I wouldn't want to hang around for eternity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would prefer there is an afterlife, BUT that doesn't mean i BELIEVE there is one!

Get it?

• 1 decade ago

No afterlife. I'm tired, I just want to sleep. I don;t feel the need to live forever.

Source(s): Moi.
  • Amber
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No afterlife. Eternity is a long time to just exist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.