Atheists, if you have a choice, would you prefer if there's an afterlife or no afterlife?

• CJunk
    Favorite Answer

I would prefer an afterlife. One like this.

PS. I have lived a life worse than most atheist and theist, but yet i still want it to go on for eternity.why??? because i know how to overcome all mental psychological dispositions, unfortunately. My only resting place is reason, not emotion... and I am in love with reason, so much so that if I ever se a girl exhibit strong rationality, thats enough to give me a *****. LOL

the desire of an eternal life is natural and is the origin of religious thought.

any person that does not want to live forever in this life, is not truly human. They do not know what it means to see life with no personal god in it.

If one is an atheist, that would mean that they do not believe in an afterlife. So with that in mind, I would say most would prefer there to NOT be an afterlife.

• Megs

Temporary afterlife. As long as I can keep moving on to something new, I think I'd enjoy an afterlife or afterlives. If it's spent continuously doing the same things, visiting the same places, etc., I'd rather permanently call it quits and leave the afterlife to people who are infinitely easily amused.

Source(s): Atheist/secular humanist

An afterlife would be a nice surprise but I have nothing against simply ceasing to exist either.

I wouldn't want there to be an afterlife if its the afterlife of the Christian god though.

IF I was able to choose an Afterlife into existence, for sure I would. If I could do that I would also make sure that that Afterlife consisted of the ability to access any point of the Universe instantaneously. Chilling out in the Universe for eternity, that`s heaven to me.

No afterlife. I would eventually get bored if there was an afterlife.

It might be nice to have a brief afterlife but I wouldn't want to hang around for eternity.

I would prefer there is an afterlife, BUT that doesn't mean i BELIEVE there is one!

Get it?

No afterlife. I'm tired, I just want to sleep. I don;t feel the need to live forever.

Source(s): Moi.
  • Amber

No afterlife. Eternity is a long time to just exist.