Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

Can a cracked Electrolux magnetic induction glass stovetop be repaired or replaced?

I had a clumsy moment and dropped something on the corner of my Electrolux magnetic induction stove top.

The glass is cracked over one element only. Any ideas about repairability / cost of replacing the glass top?

Presumably I'm not the first person to do this but I can't find anything about it on Google.

Best Answer

Not a DIY project. The glass definitely needs to be replaced. It's going to run $500 to $1,000 to replace the glass. Charges depend on the price of the glass and the time needed to change it.

I told my daughter to store only plastic glasses and empty Tupperware above her glass top.

Source(s): Appliance repair 37 years
  • Mr. P

Try looking online at appliance spare parts lists.

I know the infra-red halogen stovetop glass can be replaced, maybe these can be too. It depends if they bond the heating elements to it, or are just assembled to it.

It can't be repaired, but possible the glass surface is available as a spare.

Electrolux Stove Top