Do you think I would get into UCLA?

I am a rising senior at a very competitive public high school in Florida. (For reference, we are one of the top 100 high schools in the nation as noted by Newsweek.) Right now I'm 98th in my class - my class has around 500 people so I'm barely in the top 20th percentile. However, I would easily be at a... show more I am a rising senior at a very competitive public high school in Florida. (For reference, we are one of the top 100 high schools in the nation as noted by Newsweek.) Right now I'm 98th in my class - my class has around 500 people so I'm barely in the top 20th percentile. However, I would easily be at a higher percentile if I went to a less competitive school. I have a 3.77 unweighted GPA and a 5.34 weighted GPA, though I know these are recalculated to include all academic courses. I have a 1930 on my SAT - 650 reading, 600 math, and 720 writing (10 on the essay). I got a 650 on a math portion that I took before, though, so I'm going to take it again and hopefully bring that score up to a 700, or bring my writing up to a 700 and maintain a 650 in math. I got a 630 on the Literature subject test and I'm planning on taking the French subject test later on this year.

My schedule for 9th grade was: Biology I Honors/Gifted, English I Honors/Gifted, Algebra II Honors/Gifted, Band IV (the highest band in my school), Art 2D/American Government Honors, French I, and Creative Writing I/Semantics and Logic. My 10th grade schedule was: Chemistry I Honors, Pre-Calculus, French II Pre-AP, AP World History, Health/Drawing and Painting I, Band IV, and English II Honors. I dropped out of Band in 11th grade because I wanted to focus on my academics more and it paid off; in ninth and tenth grade I would make six A's and one B every quarter, and in 11th grade I made straight A's the entire year. My 11th grade schedule was: AP US History, History of the Holocaust/Driver's Ed, Math Analysis, AP Environmental Science, AP English Language and Composition, French III Honors, and History of the Vietnam War/Creative Writing II. My senior schedule will look like this: AP Statistics, AP Psychology, AP English Literature, AP French Language, Physics Honors, Philosophy Honors/? (not sure yet), and TA. I know they emphasize progression in grades but I'm worried I haven't taken enough AP's.

I will be president of French Honor Society next year and am secretary for a volunteer club that helps underprivileged kids in my area. I have 48 community service hours right now but that number will easily grow past 100 after this summer and 150 by the middle of the next school year. Every Tuesday and Thursday I tutor elementary schoolers in reading and math through the volunteer club mentioned previously. I am currently working as a receptionist at a child abuse center for the summer. I'm a member of the Ecology Club, Social Studies Honor Society, French Honor Society, a volunteer club for kids, and a community service club at my school. I will be in NHS next year. I've been in FHS for 3 years and the others for two. I played trumpet instrument for five years and have played the steel drums, violin, and clarinet before. I have a bit of an odd situation when it comes to my home life, which I plan to write about in my personal statement. My brother was born with a disability and permanent brain damage. The doctors who operated on him told my mother he would die at birth. My family was poor at the time and my mother went into a serious spiral of depression which lasted till around a year ago. She is getting better now, but it has had a hard effect on me. Both my parents had to constantly pay attention to my brother's needs and lauded over every small accomplishment he made. I've grown up with a mother who battled depression throughout my childhood and never really served as a role model for me. This was hard, as I had to figure things out for myself that a mother normally would teach me. I learned to cope with this disadvantage through writing. I found my passion in creative writing and have been writing now for well over seven years. I also spend lots of time doing community service. Instead of wallowing about this situation, I prefer to help others, namely young children. I strive to be a positive mentor to them so they can reach their full potential and receive the attention I didn't while growing up. A lot of people I know do community service so it will 'look good on a record'; I prefer to do it because I find a genuine passion in it. As a secretary of the volunteer club at my school, I organize events, keep the club organized by taking notes, and have created a website from scratch so members and officers of the club will have efficient means of getting information.

I know I'm not perfect, but I would like an honest opinion. I'm out-of-state, so I know my chances are lessened, yet out-of-state has a higher admission rate (27%). Any honest feedback would be appreciated!

(I just realized how huge my comments were... sorry!)
Update: Sorry, I have a 1980 on my SAT!