Hortense

Maryann

Griselda

Bertha

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

boy: gilbert, barney, edbert. the first 2 are fictional characters in kid shows, "caillou" and "barney". They dont sound good at all for people. Also edbert doesnt even make sense, no offense.

Girls: gertrude and hortense. They dont make sense either. it's 1 thing to be unique but another to too unique. i must say henrietta is a BEAUTIFUL name :) i might take it lol

• 1 decade ago

I actually don't mind quite a lot of these names. I would chose Henrietta over a Kandice or a Jayden anyway. Ick, I strongly dislike all those names that are trying to be cool, but just end up being ever so tasteless. A matter of opinion though, of course.

From the girls list, I think Bertha, Griselda, Hortense and Gertrude are extremely unfortunate. There is just nothing really going for them. I suppose Gertie is kind of cute, but the others... I wonder if there will ever be a time when these will come into fashion. I cant really see Hortence climbing its way onto the top 100 in the near future... god forbid!

All of the rest are not that bad, but none of them jump out at me as being pretty or original. I probably like Henrietta the best.

I like many of the boys names! Hector, Leonard (Leo), Dominic (no k), Elijah and Isiah are all nice, individual names. Out of the boys I think Horton is by far the worst. Many are just dated, but not that ugly.

x

• 1 decade ago

aww i dont think alot of those names are ugly either!! and Greta, your name is pretty! Hector Gilbert Eustace Johnson Jonas and Smith

Roberta Gertrude Jo Hilary Henrietta Hortense Griselda and Bertha are the only ones i hate!!

• 1 decade ago

I hate the name agatha! Sounds like a 80 year old granny! Bertha is wack too!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • xoxo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Aww i dont think a lot of those are ugly. LOL Edgar is pretty horrible though and Hortense just sounds bad. LOL at Griselda and Bertha. My name Greta can probably go on the ugly name list :(

Oh and I hate the name Jayden. JayYN is even worse! Alll those Ayden names BLEH

EDIT: Awww thanks Mondo! Its along the lines of Gertrude so I dunno haha :)

• 1 decade ago

Eustus and Griselda do not sound all that good.

One reminds me of a lame, aged cowboy ( I know that guy was Festus), and the other one reminds me of a Monkey's song about an Auntie Griselda.

Hey, maybe you might want to stick with John, Mary, Pete, Ted, etc.

• Moby
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Griselda, Egbert and Beelzebub

• 1 decade ago

Halle

• 1 decade ago

I definitely agree with you there, except I kind of like the name Hannah. I would like to add the names Alfred and Agnus to the list.

And lol hopefully no one with those names reads your question.

• 1 decade ago

Damn most of the more hideous ones have already been listed it seems! for some reason, i always hated the names shawna and sheila- they just sound to me like hooker names. maybe that's just me, lol. but it sounds true!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.