What should they wear for their family portraits?

I'm an amateur photographer and my older brother and his wife asked if I would do their family pictures. I'm up for it but like I said I am an amateur so a few details of things I'm kind of poor with like... Clothing and props. I'm pretty decent with the actual taking of the pictures (lol) but not... show more I'm an amateur photographer and my older brother and his wife asked if I would do their family pictures. I'm up for it but like I said I am an amateur so a few details of things I'm kind of poor with like... Clothing and props. I'm pretty decent with the actual taking of the pictures (lol) but not so much with asking people to pose the way I want them too. So they asked me what they should wear and I told them I'd get back to them. We plan to take the pictures in the park which has a flower garden, a lake, Trees, paths, train tracks... so a lot of different settings to work with. Its going to be my brother, his wife, and their two boys (ages 1 and 2) My brother is white and his wife is filipino so she is dark and so are the boys. What colors would look nice for clothing? and any other tips? Thank you so much! =]
3 answers 3