Treatment for Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease?

I am a 52 year old male who has presented with swollen feet, distended belly and abdominal pain last week. Following blood tests for liver function it was established that although albumen production was normal, the enzyme reading was not. An ultrasound scan revealed fatty liver disease. I was disturbed to hear... show more I am a 52 year old male who has presented with swollen feet, distended belly and abdominal pain last week. Following blood tests for liver function it was established that although albumen production was normal, the enzyme reading was not. An ultrasound scan revealed fatty liver disease. I was disturbed to hear a BBC Radio 4 documentary say that 20% of people with my symptoms do not live beyond a few months.

I have stopped drinking alcohol and am taking lecithin and milk thistle and I have also radically changed my diet to exclude fat, sugar and nighttime carbohydrates and have been eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.

Despite this regime being enforced for more than two weeks, the pain continues, the belly is still swollen and I have not lost an ounce of weight.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.