Work for a 15 year old?

I am 15 years old and have just left school after finishing my GCSE's. I have been trying to find some work, but because on my cv it says i am 15 alot of employers wont even concider me even though i have recieved my national insurance number. Can anyone help me with what I can do from a job and what the best option to find a job.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

your first problem is the economy is dire at the moment so there are less jobs around

also im sorry to say alot of buisnesses wont hire you for a number of reasons these can include

* selling age restricted products

* health and saftey laws e.g. not allowed to work at highs of over 1 meter, must not be left unattended in the stock room

your best bet for a job would be to see if any of your local pubs/resteraunts need a potwasher

i know what your thinking but it does pay pretty good usually above the minumum wage for under 18's

Source(s): been there and used to work as a pot washer for a year before i became a waiter
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Why should an employer consider you? I don't ask this to mock you, but to make a point: you say nothing about why someone would want to pay you to do something for them. What can you do? What skills do you have? What work experience do you have?

Most 15-year-olds have few, if any, marketable job skills. This is why money-making opportunities for 15-year-olds generally fall into unofficial unskilled labor type work, such as mowing lawns for the neighbors. If, however, you do have some sort of official job skills or certifications, then that at least points you in some direction.

I also don't know about child labor laws where you are; in this country, 15 year olds are expected to be in school, working on getting to a point where they are more than just unskilled labor, and businesses aren't allowed to let one work more than limited part-time hours during the school year. This is another reason why businesses aren't eager to hire teens for much that is serious.

• 1 decade ago

Legally you cannot get a proper job at 15. Your National insurance number is not active until your 16th birthday.

Your best bet is getting a cash in hand type job like a milk boy or a paper boy.

Are you that desperate for money? You can't be that far off 16 if you have already got your NI number it might just be worth the wait.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

If there NOT having sex it's fine! and if both the parents of that 15 year old agrees that it's okay for her to date the 20 year old I think it's fine! But I think it's best for the 20 year old and the 15 year old just be friends until she turns 18

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try working as a host/hostess at a restaurant. Usually really fancy restaurants won't hire until 16 but restaurants like Kelsey's hire at 15. A lot of coffee shops hire at 15 too - except for Starbuck's. Also consider book stores or grocery stores or fastfood.

• 1 decade ago

i had this same problem when i was your age heres what you can do :

> sell avon booklet - you will need to register in someones name who is in your family such as mum or dad or anybody else over the age of 18 .

> you could get a paper round aswell .

> make jewelry and sell it

> become a dance teacher at home and advertise

> style hair

> keep looking for jobs

> get some voluntary experience

hope i helped avon is the best you may be able find

• 1 decade ago

Go to stores in the mall and ask them what age they hire at. Then if it is 15 get an application! Or just go to any store ya like :)

• 1 decade ago

Creating Work at Home

• Baby-sitting, child care

• Selling homegrown vegetables or flowers

• Sewing, altering, and repairing clothing

• Piecework for manufacturers

• Baking and food preparation

• Quilting, crocheting, knitting; making macramé, pottery; other crafts

• Upholstering

• Bookkeeping, typing, home computer services

• Telephone answering service

• Hairdressing

• Taking in boarders

• Addressing and filling envelopes for advertisers

• Washing and waxing cars (customer brings car to your home)

• Pet grooming and exercising

• Lock repair and key making (workshop at home)

• Ads for much of this work can be placed free of charge or at low cost in weekend shopping news or on supermarket notice boards

Creating Work Outside the Home

• House-sitting (when people are on vacation and want their home to be looked after)

• Cleaning: stores; offices; homes and apartments after construction, after fires, after people move out; housework (in homes of others); windows (business and domestic)

• Repairs: appliances of all kinds (libraries contain easy-to-follow books on repairs)

• Handyman jobs: siding houses; building cabinets, doors, porches; painting; fencing; roofing

• Farm work: crops, picking fruit

• Interior landscaping and plant care at: offices, banks, shopping plazas and atriums, lobbies

• Property management: janitors, superintendent (sometimes includes free living quarters)

• Insurance, real estate

• Carpet installation, cleaning

• Newspaper routes (adults and children), other delivery services: ads, bills for municipalities

• Moving, storage

• Landscaping, tree trimming, lawn care, woodcutting

• School-bus driver

• Photography (portraits and public events)

• Bait for fishermen

• Swap work: barter car repairs for electrical work, sewing for plumbing, etc.

• 1 decade ago

idk where you live, but kumon hires people who are 15..

idk if you'd want to do that kind of tutoring stuff tho..

o, and any fast food place would hire you in a second, but i know you wanted wanna work at an of those places...

sry, i really don't think i helped...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

McDonald's.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.