Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

What is it that Michael Jackson bought from the Beattles?

And how did he make money off of it?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

he is co owner of the music rights for about 200 beatles songs so if you are a company that sells something like hand cream you might want a song like i wanna hold your hand in the commercial so you would have to pay a fee to jacksons company for the right to use the song.he is co ower with sony music.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He bought the rights to their songs. I think it was Paul Mcartney who told him "Buy the rights to someone's music, it's great money." SO he did. Then Paul kept trying to get him to sell it back, but Michael refused. It's not worth 100 Million.

• 1 decade ago

rights 2 songs

• 1 decade ago

their scrap book. any proffessional photos taken of them, so if any magazines, or whatever wanted to use a pic of the beattles they'd have to pay mj for it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He bought the copy rights to all of their songs. Everytime someone uses those songs in a commercial or tv show or samples it in their music, he gets paid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he bought the rights to their music, how did he make money off of it, he bought it and owned the rights!

• 1 decade ago

the right to their songs , by people sampling them like in commmericals and movies

• The Rights to half their catalog of songs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He owns the rights to most of their songs. I don't know who owns them now after his demise.

• 1 decade ago

his rights to their magazines and the songs.

:(

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.