Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

When will the Minnesota Supreme Court give Al Franken his Senate Seat?

This has been going on for 8 months. The Minnesota Supreme Court heard arguments on 1 June 09. What is taking so long for them to make their ruling?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Chelfi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To expand your question, when will the citizens of Minnesota say "Enough" and demand their constitutionally prescribed representation in the Senate?

• 1 decade ago

Hopefully soon. Minnesota is shooting itself in the foot by only having one senator to represent it. If Franken were a Republican, Fox News would be screaming to have him seated, and the right wing nuts would be chanting "Sore Loserman" to his opponent, the same way they did in Bush v. Gore.

This just in (read it and weep, right wing NUTS):

Minnesota Governor Pawlenty says he would certify Al Franken as senator

If Minnesota's Supreme Court rules in favor of Democrat Al Franken in Minnesota's disputed U.S. Senate election Gov. Tim Pawlenty said Sunday he would certify the election.

Pawlenty, a Republican, told CNN Sunday "I'm prepared to sign as soon as they give the green light. I'm not going to defy an order of the Minnesota Supreme Court. That would be a dereliction of my duty." Reat more at Politico.

Franken's election would give the Democrats 60 U.S. Senate seats, enough to thwart fillibuster attempts by Republicans.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As soon as some More Money exchanges hands.

The Democrats are Buying Votes right now.

It's a Done Deal. Franken is Bought and Paid for.

Thanks to Obama and His Crime Bosses in Chicago.

• I'd love to see them drag it out for 6 years so Minnesotans can tell this clown more clearly to get lost.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

After cheating is ruled legal.

• 1 decade ago

Fraken is a wacko & cheats in elections with fraud. I'd say that is a reason to stop him from becoming the stupidest senator since Biden....

• Gus
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Hopefully, never. He's the stereotypical, kool aid drinking, extremist, venom spewing, psychotic liberal. We're all better off without that kind of insanity representing us.

• chukki
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

When all the MSC members with half a brain retire or die.

• 1 decade ago

They should just use the precedent that the 2000 Presidential Election took and choose whoever they want to take the seat.

• 1 decade ago

That's the pace of government. Imagine if you needed an appendectomy?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.