What kind of bike should I get... female, 5'4, heavy weight.?

I am going to school in Boston in the fall, and I want a bike. I'm a girl, I'm about 5'4, but I'm pretty heavy. I like the look of vintage bikes, and I have no clue where to begin. Can anyone help me out? I don't want to spend a lot, like $300 and under. Also, can anyone tell me anything... show more I am going to school in Boston in the fall, and I want a bike. I'm a girl, I'm about 5'4, but I'm pretty heavy. I like the look of vintage bikes, and I have no clue where to begin. Can anyone help me out? I don't want to spend a lot, like $300 and under.

Also, can anyone tell me anything about electra bikes? They look pretty expensive, but aesthetically it's just what I'm looking for! they don't list the prices on the websites. (I'm guessing $500-$1000?) https://www.electrabike.com/home.php
Update: I wasn't really planning on useing it for distance transportation all over the city- I can take the bus and train- but my campus is really spread out and I have classes all over the place, so I want a faster way to get from place to place.

A lot of great info! Thanks!