Who had potential to be the bigger star, Magnum TA or David Von Erich?

Favorite Answer

My opinion is Magnum T.A. Both were extremely popular and both were on their way to the NWA World Title when tragedy struck them, but Magnum had the more widely-available TV exposure, being on Ted Turner's TBS superstation. While David was pushed as an "all-American boy" (like his brothers), Magnum had the movie star good looks.

David's base of operations was WCCW in Dallas Texas, a hot but small promotion. Magnum's base was Georgia Championship Wrestling in Atlanta, a hot but much larger promotion. And with Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes giving their stamps of approval to Magnum, and big stars like the Midnight and Rock & Roll Expresses, and the Road Warriors in GCW, the promotion itself got more attention and Magnum would have been the focal point of the entire promotion, supplanting Dusty Rhodes as the main face in the NWA.

I really don't think David would have had a really lengthy World Title run, because although he toured Japan, he didn't travel much outside of Texas, whereas Magnum traveled all over the southeast and the east coast with Crockett promotions.

Magnum no doubt would have had multiple World Title runs, feuding with Flair, Nikita Koloff, Barry Windham, Tully Blanchard, and other big stars in Crockett's promotions plus the other territories he would have traveled to defending his belt. Magnum would have been one of the main players in the NWA in the late 80's and 90's, possibly attaining the level occupied by Flair and Rhodes, and Harley Race before them.

• Tough one!!!

David Von Erich was the person who I was first a fan of. He would have been NWA World Champion if he didn't pass away.

Magnum TA also was on the verge of being the World Champion if not for his car accident.

A bigger Star though would have been Magnum TA. He had the look of a World Champion and was hugely popular already. I'm really not totally sure David Von Erich would have left World Class to become a bigger Star.

• MAgnum TA. He was hand selected to be the head of NWA. Keep in mind that I am not compleatly familiar with the Von Erich's,m but Magnum TA was a great wrestler, And as stated above me before his accident he was going to beat Ric Flair for the title

• Cole

Magnum TA. Before his accident, he was going to beat Ric Flair for the NWA Title. I think that speaks for itself.

hard to tell but I say Magnum TA