dom asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

What is the weather like in Boston, MA?

And the weather in Portland is spontaneous right? Always changing?

I mean all year round.

Favorite Answer

In Boston you get five seasons in four days. We get Indian Summers in the middle of the winter (random 60 -70 degree days) and we get random chills in the middle of the summer. Portland, ME is a little steadier, but if you are talking about the west coat I don't think people in Boston would know.

Now we never get hurricanes. We do get costal storms called Nor'easters they are not hurricanes! New England has not gotten a hurricane in about 30-50 years. However our weather has been pretty bad for the past few weeks. But normally Boston gets a little warmer than places inland during the winter due to the fact of the sea breezes and a little cooler then inland areas in the summer. Boston will have constantly changing weather like all of New England including Portland. Boston can one day have temps in the 70's during the summer and the next day it could be 88-90! Portland is cooler than Boston because it is north of it obviously. It has a similar weather pattern then all of New England. I absoultly love living in Massachusetts. We are usually a little warmer than Boston but there are times they are warmer then us.

I live between both cities right now. It's been raining and humid for 2 friggen weeks, but usually it's warm and sunny in Boston. The weather in Portland usually sucks.

Source(s): Moi.

Freezing and snowy/icy in winter, unreasonably hot and muggy in summer. A few blizzards, a few hurricanes.

Yeah, the weather changes at the drop of a hat here and the weather stations are useless.

Source(s): I love my state <3MA<3

Thunder Storms today:)