Genealogy help... next step?

I wondered if any of you lovely, wonderful, wise people could offer some help to a novice please? (Hope the flattery works to butter you all up?!!) I managed to get a copy of my fathers father's birth certificate. Yes My grandad I mean! He died very young and no one knew anything about him. Hell of a job... show more I wondered if any of you lovely, wonderful, wise people could offer some help to a novice please? (Hope the flattery works to butter you all up?!!)

I managed to get a copy of my fathers father's birth certificate. Yes My grandad I mean! He died very young and no one knew anything about him. Hell of a job even getting this far with no exact DOB etc. Anyway, certificate is now in my hands!

I would like to see what info I can find about his father. This would be my fathers grand father.

From this birth certificate the info I now have is this.

Grand Father - Gilbert Smith; 26th August 1903.
Name of Father - Joseph Smith; Railway Packer 14 Midland Terrace, Bristol
Name of Mother - Elsie May Louise Smith, Nee Williams

That's it. What can I do now to find any more info about any of their lives?

Many thanks to all who try to help!
Update: Sorry, I know I must seem really dim and stupid but I can't seem to actually find or access anything much! Is that because you have to pay to join to get any info of any use? I tried to find a marriage record for Joseph Smith & Elsie May William, there seems to be a record of this for June 1902. But I... show more Sorry, I know I must seem really dim and stupid but I can't seem to actually find or access anything much! Is that because you have to pay to join to get any info of any use?

I tried to find a marriage record for Joseph Smith & Elsie May William, there seems to be a record of this for June 1902. But I can't then get any details or access of anything.

I can't find anything in any census and don't understand where to look or what for?!

I "think" Elsie May William was born in 1884. But again I can't seem to find anything of any use...

Am I looking in the wrong places? Can anyone provide any specific info, with specific marriage date or DOB?

What info can you get on a census? How do you find them?

Its only for interest purposes, for my dad, who wanted to know about HIS grand parents... where he worked, what he did, etc.

I can't afford £80 to join ancestry site just for a few bits of info!