Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Why do I keep hearing that the USA is "spreading democracy" when it invades other countries?

Was Saddam Hussein not "spreading democracy" when he invaded Kuwait? And how was the USA "spreading democracy" by restoring the unelected and autocratic Kuwaiti government to power?

Update:

kengem; that's my point, the USA has never invaded anywhere to "spread democracy" it does it to increase its influence and its grip on world oil supplies. Even The Idiot's favourite speech writer & advisor David Frum admitted it; "An American-led overthrow of Saddam Hussein – and the replacement of the radical Baathist dictatorship with a new government more closely aligned with the United States would put America more wholly in charge of the region than any power since the Ottomans, or maybe even the Romans."

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

their investment in global ignorance and stupidity spreading propaganda machines help them do the crimes in the name of democracy liberation whatsoever. when you are talking to people whose only source of the world news is the media owned by the USA, you can't expect any better thoughts; brainwashed clueless happy tax payers.

• Daphne
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

the site is planned within the military training area, not acessible now and for last 60+ years. the territory remains Czech. State security issues cannot be resolved in refferendum, since in czech republic expecially, ANY refferendum about fighting would fail, including referendum about the defending the Czech territory itself. Great thing would be if we manage to delay placement until the new president and goverment of the US declare preparedness to support the site... I would not like to have here an unsupported PoSE /problem of someone else's/. Besides i personally find that radar site much smaller evil than our "political will" to participate in the Afghan war, for which we dont have resources nor training. Surprisingly our goverment boldly offers our troops and crews as a stuff into that meat mincer.

• 1 decade ago

Jesswz, actually most people are stupid. The one's who do notice aren't able to really do anything so most of them pretend stupid and the one's who try to do something honestly can't change a damn thing without the country backing them. It's going to take more than a few people to change this government for the people and away from the greedy corrupt politicians we have running it now.

• Trev
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Hitler said, before the war, that he would take care of all German citizens. The US claiming to spread democracy is roughly the same kind of statement: a lie.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

this is what evil regimes do....they try to hide their evil agenda with talk of things that are considered just and upright. For example, the regime in Iran which is now slaughtering its on citizens who are in fact fighting for more "democracy" is saying that the revolters are actually the evil ones who want to harm the Iranian people and take away their freedoms. It never ceases to give me a chuckle when I hear the ones who I know are the truly evil ones with nefarious agenda talk as though someone else is...its like they think you are stupid or something.

• 1 decade ago

The ONLY democracy I can think of now is that the US sent weapons to Somalia. That type of democracy will work. Get rid off Jihadists where ever they are. That is enough for the local people to cheer and mind their business without anybody telling them what to do.

• 1 decade ago

Invading because USA wants democracy of USA's choice not that country's peoples choice.He is a self appointed guardian of other countries.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well with President Pantywaist you won't have to worry about the USA protecting its interests anywhere. It would be nice to just watch the rapists / Muslims slaughter the people of countries they invade in the name of Allah and then watch the United Nations have another luncheon to discuss it. However, in the real world it doesn't work that way. When did we invade any country to "spread democracy"?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

But Timmy look at how well stopping communism and spreading democracy went when reagan, nixon and daddy bush gave it to panama, chile, grenada, haiti, nicaragua guatamala. Oh hang on a minute.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because the Western media is filled with liars.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.