At 6'1 and a half inches I feel much too tall! It makes me have thoughts of suicide. HELP ME!?

This is a serious question!

I'm a guy who is over 6'1!

I HATE IT!

I feel like I tower over everyone!

I've been made fun of for being taller than most for as long as I can remember!

It seems like I always intimidate people even though I never mean to.

Why are people afraid of me just because I'm really tall?

My nick name in school was "Big guy." That's what people would always call me.

It seems like people of my height are like one in a million type of thing/ I feel so tall!

Everyone seems to dislike me because of my enormous size!

Why won't people give me a chance to be there friend?

My high makes me think very dark thoughts. It makes me full of rage and anger because it makes me so very different.

How can I ever accept being so very tall?

Favorite Answer

Your height is not your problem, really... you suffer from depression and you need to go see a councelor about your feelings.. just talk to a professional.. see your doctor and explain to him about your feelings about your height.. that it makes you very depressed.. the root cause for your unhappiness does not lie in your height, something else is making you depressed and that issue needs to be addressed with a councelor or therapist a.s.a.p. because 6ft 1 is not tall for a man nowadays. Most guys would be glad to be that tall. There are women 5ft 10 and they feel okay... 6ft 1 is not tall. Prince William of Great Britain and Prince Harry his younger brother are both about 6ft2. The late Princess Diana.., their mother was 5ft 10 inches tall. That is tall for a woman but she carried it well.. Female models who want to make it as supermodels have to be at the very least 5.8 inches tall or taller most of them.. Most models on a runway are about 5ft10 or 5ft 11 inches tall, only Kate Moss is an exception, she is a top model and comparatively ''small'' as such, at 5ft8. She carries herself well and looks taller.. but all the former female models..and actresses...Katie Holmes is 5ft 9 inches tall, Catherine Zeta-Jones is 5ft 9 inches tall and Nicole Kidman is 5ft 10 inches and she used to be married to Tom Cruise who is ''below average height for a man at 5ft 7.. Height doesn't matter... your self esteem needs help and you are depressed, you don't need to worry about your height. That is a normal and by far not too tall for a man...but you do need to find out the root cause for your depression and why you are not comfortable in your own body... please go and see your doctor and discuss this with him.. this is no reason to take your life, please accept help and you will start feeling more comfortable with your body as well.. xx

How old are you? Being 6'1 isn't THAT tall. . .tall, yes, but not gigantic. However, if you are in the 8th grade then it will seem worse than if you are in the 12th grade. Studies show that taller men get more benefits, such as higher pay than short men, so it can be a good thing.

How do you react when someone mentions your height? Are you defensive? Do you throw an insult back at the person who's made the comment? People might be shying away from you b/c of your response. Sometimes it is hard to ignore or make light of a comment about something you are very sensitive about. Have a couple of come backs for the next time someone mentions your height. Something light and maybe funny; not harsh or mean. Example:

Them - you sure are tall

You - yes, and the view is great too! (this could work double if you're talking to a cute girl)

If you are serious about dark thoughts, please go talk to your parents or a trusted adult. You may need therapy and/or counseling to overcome some potential depression.

I personally that being tall is a good thing. I'm average, so I wouldn't know what it's like, but I look up to tall people. Your not all that tall, but it's a good thing. The "Big Guy" is usually looked up to, and its a joke everyone knows your personality is what matters. I'm dating a shorty right now but if I were to date someone else, it would be someone tall. Trust me, if people are avoiding you it's not cuz your "tall", unless their so shallow that their not worth being friends with but maybe if you gave yourself a chance, others would give you a chance. Good Luck, I hope it works out!

One of my best friends is over 6' 2 and he enjoys being the tall one... of course we all tease him, but we also have to look UP to him... we need a stand to fix a photo, he does it without effort, everybody tease him as the big guy, he takes it as a compliment, he goes to gym, and has built a great body, he uses his big guy image to his advantage to get things done from everybody, and do not worry abt friends, there will be some one who will see you, and not your height.

oh as if!

sure your tall

but your not the only one?

be greatful what for you have.

a lot have to go through worse

at least you dont have some skin disease or your 29304820394 kilos overweight

thats what really looks bad

i love tall guys

its sexxy haha :)

and im really short

and i hate it too

but people that diss you

can go get stuffeed

you gotta learn to lvoe what you have

and trust me

as soon as you do that

people notice

and love it too

um.............that really isnt that tall. in fact your practically average (depends on how old you are). Just get that in ur head! there are things you can do to make urself feel shorter. I notice that when i wear pants i fell shorter. and if you bulk up then you wont feel so tall. Just chill man haha

If you really hate being called "Big Guy" then why is ur nickname that?

Besides, when you get older ladies will like you cuz you're tall. they also think its related to penis size so relax k.

And plz dont commit suicide! You only have one life, and one body. Make the best of your life.

Source(s): aww why did i get a thumbs down :\

Don't be foolish sir. 6'1" is not that tall unless you are hanging out with a bunch of Homo Floresiensis scum.

you are only a couple inches taller than average dude...relax.

i know plenty of people taller than 6'1.

why is that a problem?

a lot of people wish to be as tall as you......

if they tease you then pound them down (just kidding...... you can just glare and intimidate them)