Any U-Haul or car rental alternatives?

U-Haul is too expensive, can't rent a car because I'm not 25 yet and don't have a credit card- so that's a no go.

I need to find something that I can take across the country, so I need to be able to have different pick up and drop off points.

I'm kind of at the end of my rope here, so any suggestions are welcome!!

At this point, any vehicle will do. I'm moving across country, but I fit all that I didn't ship into my car.

I've called Avis, Hertz and Budget, and they all said that if you're under 25 you need a credit card- that the system won't accept a debit card if you're that young.

Favorite Answer

What kind of vehicle do you need? A moving truck or just a car to drive?

You have to be over 21 to rent a car but they will charge you an extra daily fee. Do you have a debit card? That will work to reserve a car.

Give us more info on what you are doing and maybe we can offer some ideas.

EDIT

Keep checking rental car companies. Alamo will rent a car with a debit card.

If you are 23, check out these guys: http://www.autodriveaway.com/default.aspx

Sure, car rental companies can give you a one-way rental option. Just be advised the rate will be quite high.

• badmts

Drive away service.if you are going from big city to big city someone is moving there and does NOT feel like driving.so a company called a DRIVE AWAY service gets people who want to drive that persons car to its new home.they are on the net and in yellow pages.some even specialize in off season camper movement.my mom did it in the 50's from New Orleans to San Francisco a couple of times