URGENT HEADLIGHT WIRING ISSUE!!! PLEASE HELP! PROMISE BEST ANSWER!?

I was trying to replace my HB2 headlight bulbs in my car a few minutes ago. The driver side came out easy, then I preceded to the passenger bulb. It was way harder than expected, and there wasn't enough wire length for me to tangle with. I then heard a pop, and it felt looser, and I thought the bulb was out. Instead, two out of the three wires that connect to this black box, which goes to the bulb, popped/snapped. I tried to see where the wire goes, but it goes somewhere inside the fender.

WHAT CAN I DO!

HOW DO I FIX IT!

HOW MUCH!

HELP PLEASE!

It was bare wire.

It almost looked like I took scissors and cut it; it was nearly a clean cut.

Favorite Answer

Ok first did you pull out just bare wire? or is there some kind of metal contact on the end of it? If that is the case then all you got to do is shove them back in if they had contacts on them. Check to see if the wire locks back in place with some resistance. Came back out easy? Then you will need a new socket for your bulb.

Hopefully your new socket will have wires attached with a crimp splice on the ends of them. Just crimp the new one to the wires and be sure to match colors of the wires.

Cost? Don't know but your local auto parts store should have them in stock otherwise the dealers parts department will either have it or can order it.

A handy tool to have for this job is a crimp kit or at least the tool. This will make the replacement job go easier and most will cost around $10 or so. The kit will have splices, lugs, and other parts to join wire to wire or other electrical connection.

I have NO idea what just happened but It doesnt seem good :(

I think you should get to or call a car maitenance dude or sommething immeadeatly.... This sucks for you! its probs best if you dont touch it!!!

xoxo alisha