Question for Jehovah's Witnesses: Are the 144,000 made of children?

I want this question to be answered to those from the Watchtower Society. I'm not looking to bash anyone but I'm curious because this church has claimed that only 144,000 would go to heaven. So it made wonder are the 144,000 children? Or are they already included and the 144,000 is for adults?

I don't get it because if this specific number would go to heaven then shouldn't it be all children? Since they are innocent and well children specially those under age 10. What bible verses, if any, do you use for this claim and does it mention if children would automatically be saved?

Update:

ed1white, I don't believe in this. I want to know what are the specifics of this 144,000 people that JWs believe are going to heaven.

Update 2:

Rich51, thanks for your answer but if the 144,000 come from the tribes mentioned (I read about it Rev. 7) then what about the children of this earth? Do they get left behind for not being among those tribes? Doesn't that seem unfair?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No, the 144,000 are not children. The first of these 144,000 were the Apostles, and those who received the Holy Spirit directly from the Apostles.

" The 144,000 joint heirs of Jesus Christ are not his successors in the Kingdom. They are merely associate kings, over whom He is the divinely appointed Head. Accordingly, the way in which Revelation 20:4 states the matter is: “And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ [not, after the Christ] for a thousand years.” "

We are told more here,

Like 22:28 “However, YOU are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with YOU, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 that YOU may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

The twelve tribes of Israel mentioned here are the Spiritual Tribes of Israel detailed at Revelation Chapter 7. Not the original tribes of Israel which were disinherited by Jehovah God -- See Hosea 2:2

To understand this, you must also understand the resurrection taught in the Bible. For instance, the children you mentioned, as well as every man and woman who has ever lived, will be resurrected to have the opportunity of eternal life here on the earth, thus fulfilling the original purpose of Almighty God in having the earth inhabited forever.

The Bible is very clear that these 144,000 are the only ones who have been chosen to go to heaven.

The 144,000 are to be priests to Jehovah God and kings and judges over the earth. There will never again be a government of man on the earth.

---------------------------------------

My friend, please, stop and read all of my answer. All of the children that died before the end times are to be resurrected to life eternal on earth (the children alive at the end of this system of things share whatever fate their parents have). That is the original purpose of the earth as established from the beginning by Jehovah God, and He does not change, nor does He change His purposes.

This is the bottom line; human bodies can not live in heaven. We have to have air, water and food. The resurrection of the dead is to life eternal here on the earth.

The 'going to heaven' is NOT a Bible teaching. I know that this is difficult to reconcile with what you were taught before, but it is the Truth from the Bible. Those children you mention are going to be just fine, with the opportunity to live life eternal here on earth with all the faithful of Jehovah God. One thing you should note is this;

John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

This means everlasting life -- THEIR TAKING IN KNOWLEDGE --

Why do you think that we Jehovah's Witnesses put so much emphsis on Bible study? Because we know what the requirements are to gain eternal life. Please, think about that.

And please note one more thing; those tribes are SPIRITUAL ISRAEL. They have nothing to do with the Jews. They are those who have chosen to follow Jesus Christ and have BECOME a part of those tribes. It has nothing to do with our original birth.

• 1 decade ago

You do actually make a reasonable point. But keep in mind that these 144,000 are not just going to heaven to 'chill' to eat honey and drink milk, but rather to be RULERS, Kings and Priest. Also to be annointed requires a mature understanding of the Bible and its principles and a 'proven' and faithful record of service. This entails that these ones are mature and normally older ones. There is no 'age' limit, but the Bible outlines what the requirements are, and thus do not give to children being the 144,000. Also keep in mind that Psalms 37:9-12 shows that many people will stay RIGHT HERE ON EARTH, so no children will be 'left behind'. Heaven is for a select few who will chosen to rule with Christ during his millenial reign. That is why in Rev. 14 they are contrasted with a 'great crowd'. It mentiones 2 distinct groups, that is also why Luke 12:32 says, 'little flock'. If this was all the same group such scriptures would have no meaning, or be extremely confusing at the very least.

• 1 decade ago

Actually, Jehovah's Witnesses look to the Bible for the reason why 144,000 are selected to go to heaven.

Revelation 5:9 and 10 states that these individuals are selected from all different nations, languages, and tribes. They are to rule over the earth.

Revelation 20:4 and 6 show that this same group are to be priests of God and of the Christ and will reign with Christ in a new government over righteous mankind on earth, God's Kingdom. This rulership will bring peace, pleasure, paradise, perfection, and everlasting life to

mankind.

All who would be selected as part of that 144,000 are to be believers, that is those old enough to have made their own decision to become believers and old enough to understand what this position entails.

What about young children? They will be part of those who are living on that paradise earth in perfection with everlasting life.

They will receive untold blessings right here on earth - being restored to life by means of a resurrection. (Acts 24:15)

Everlasting life is precious whether living on earth forever or living in heaven forever. Jehovah has made both possible. Jehovah blesses both.

Source(s): One of Jehovah's Witnesses
  • 1 decade ago

The 144000 are spirit creatures, they have no flesh and blood body so there is no male/female, child/adult. The 144000 are those chosen since Jesus days, they include his apostles, those in the upper room during Pentecost 33CE and whomever else Jehovah has selected.

They are not the Jews of old. Rev. 7:4-8: “I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel: . . . Judah . . . Reuben . . . Gad . . . Asher . . . Naphtali . . . Manasseh . . . Simeon . . . Levi . . . Issachar . . . Zebulun . . . Joseph . . . Benjamin.” (These cannot be the tribes of natural Israel because there never was a tribe of Joseph, the tribes of Ephraim and Dan are not included in the list here, and the Levites were set aside for service in connection with the temple but were not reckoned as one of the 12 tribes. See Numbers 1:4-16.)

The children of the earth will be as those alive prior to the deluge. It is going to depend on how their parents respond to the Good News of God's Kingdom. Parents are responsible for their childrens lives. Remember what Christ says that in Matthew 24:36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

It's up to parents to choose life or death. A blessing or a malediction. Jehovah is giving all time, but that time is growing very short. The next time we knock at your door, speak with them and ask to be shown in your Bible.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You mention "children being left behind" and this not being fair.

You seem to be dismissing the idea that living on earth

in paradise conditions FOREVER is salvation.

What, according to the scriptures, does this so-called

innocence of children under ten have to do with

with being part of the 144,000 who reign with Christ

Jesus in his Father's Kingdom?

Don't just dismiss the earth. Matthew 5:5 Psalm 37:10,11,29

• Liz
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Hon when people die, they go to a sleep like state.

Jesus Christ showed us that he could indeed raise

the dead back to life. Not when they died they went to heaven and he sent them back to Earth.

They died paying the price for their sins (imperfection = sin)

we have imperfect bodies, whether we consciously do anything bad or not, our bodies start breaking down to die, (return to the Earth) from birth.

Jesus said the wages sin pays (imperfection) is death.

When people die their spirit goes out they go back to the ground and in that day their thoughts do perish.

In the resurrection ALL those that hear his voice will come out. Not all those from heaven that have already died.

HEAVEN is NOT the reward offered to every single person that accepts Christs ransom sacrifice.

HEAVEN IS NOT THE REWARD.

Everlasting reward is. Many people read the "new testament" and automatically believe that the

"ones bought from the Earth that did not commit spiritural fornication with the beast" ARE EVERYONE.

They are not.

The reward is that most people will experience is

"the meek shall inherit the Earth"

"let your will be done on Earth the same as it is in heaven"

IT's on the Earth, the children will be on EARTH,

their inheritance, for God stated that he created it

to "Be inhabited FOREVER"

and that is where the children will be.

Heaven is symbolized in the Holy Bible as

"Government" and indeed that is where Jehovah

God and Jesus Christ rule, along with those

144,000 KINGS AND PRIESTS that never

had defiled themselves with "the harlot"

that doesn't describe babies talk does it? children?

No I think the confusion is you believe ALL people

will be ruling in Heaven with Jehovah, Jesus and the

144,000 Kings and Priests.

Never in my life have I known the "subjects" of the Kingdom to live in the executive mansion, Palace... etc.

Earth is for the babies, a cleansed Earth we pray for at Matthew 6:9-11

And that Jesus quoted from Psalms for the meek (teachable includes children) shall inherit the Earth.

Source(s): meets the prerequisite of Being One of Jehovah's Witnesses, Holy Bible
  • 3 years ago

Ezekiel 37:28 says : "And the countries will have got to realize that I , Jehovah, am sanctifying Israel (the non secular Israel) while my sanctuary involves be in the middle of them to time indefinite." Gods kingdom is installed in heaven and can rule over this earth. Jesus the King has corulers in his kingdom, the a hundred and forty four 000; they are going to rule with jesus as kings, judges,and monks over mankind. (Luke 22:28-30; Rev. 14:one million-three.) God's Kingdom will exchange all human governments. It will rule as the one govt over the etire earth. (Dan.two:forty four; Psalm 37:nine,29). During Jesus' one million 000year Reign, devoted folks will end up superb, and the entire earth will end up a paradiese. People will reside togethwr in peace and cohesion. - Micah four:three,four.

• 1 decade ago

In the bible important positions only went to men. These people would be sympathetic to our lives here on earth since they lived long and good lives here. They are spoken of as Kings and Priests. No Children.

These people are virgins as to badness....men and women....they will be of the ruling class and are already of the slave class as they slave for Jehovah.

We are all of one flock under Jesus shepherding but the 144K are of the little flock who will be born again of spirit.

When all of us were baptized we were born again of water...and we were given holy spirit yet we remained on earth in physical bodies. The other sheep will transform to a spiritual body because flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of the heavens.

~~~~~~~~~~

In the days of Noah they were eating and drinking and taking no note of the times. We have a Parallel to that time...the adults on the earth are eating....and drinking....and taking no note of the times in which we live.

They have their innocent children's lives depending on whether they accept Jehovah's standards or not.

In Noah's day the children died with their unbelieving parents....I guess little snakes grow up to be big snakes.

But Jehovah's sheep hear his voice and come to him...and they eat of his pasturage and they will get the blessings of life eternal.

Each parent out there...will you let your children be annihilated? Or will you start a study with Jehovah's Witnesses and start going to the Kingdom Hall ?

At the Kingdom Hall we sit and listen to lectures.....and question and answer programs....and sing 3 songs....it really is nice...you should come.

• 1 decade ago

I am a bit confused about your question. Do you think that only 144,000 have a hopeful future?

There will be 144,000 that rule as priests and kings in heaven. But, they will have to rule over somebody, otherwise what is the point of being a king and priest? (Revelation 20:6)

The “little flock” who go to heaven are not the only ones who receive salvation. As we have seen, they will have happy earthly subjects. Jesus referred to these as his “other sheep,” of whom “a great crowd” are even now serving God faithfully.—John 10:16; Revelation 7:9, 15.

Members of the “little flock” know that God has called them to heavenly life. How? By means of the operation of God’s spirit, which implants and cultivates in them the hope of heavenly life. The apostle Paul, as one of the “little flock,” wrote: “The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together.” (Romans 8:16, 17) The operation of God’s spirit changes the entire outlook of such a person, so that his thoughts and prayers are centered upon serving God with the heavenly hope in view. Being with Christ in heaven is more important to him than any earthly ties.

------------------------------------------

Jesus was not anointed until baptism at 30 years of age. He had to be grown and able to make an educated decision to follow his father. It is the same for the 144,000. You will never see a baby being baptized as one of Jehovah's witnesses because they have not taken in accurate knowledge and applied it to their life. No one is anointed until baptism and the 144,000 are anointed. So, no children make up the 144,000.

They children will be resurrected to a life on earth, just like the rest of us. All people have the chance to be resurrected. It is just those who sin against Gods holy spirit who will not be brought back, and those that die in Armageddon as non-worshipers of Jehovah.

Just a thought~ Do we want children who have not had to go through similar situations as us judging over us? It would not seem fair. They lack the knowledge and appreciation of what true trails are, so they would not be able to truly sympathize with us. It is a very loving provision that Jehovah has made to have our rulers be those who have had to deal with the same things as us, to know what certain temptation feels like and to know how much pressure and stress plays a role in our decisions. Even Jesus knows what all that feels like, but no child could ever know the hardship that an adult goes through. That only comes with experience and age.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Harpazo = Rapture

END-TIME BIBLE PROPHECY

The Messiah Lord Jesus said BIRTH PANGS would signal the time of the end (Matthew 24:8). There are NINE birth pangs, they are all PRE-TRIBULATIONAL and the 1st three already occurred.

The first birth pang was worldwide conflict coupled with famines and earthquakes (Matthew 24:7-8). Worldwide conflict was fulfilled in 1914-1918, major famines happened in 1918-1921 and most of the world’s major earthquakes began to occur since 1900.

The second birth pang was the restoration of a Jewish State (Ezekiel 20:33-38; Ezekiel 22:17-22; Ezekiel 36:22-24; Zephaniah 2:1-2). This was fulfilled in 1948.

The third birth pang was Jewish control of the Old City of Jerusalem (Revelation 11:1-2). For the third Jewish Temple (Tribulation Temple) to be rebuilt, Jerusalem needs to be under Jewish control and this was accomplished in the Six Day War in 1967.

The fourth birth pang will be the Ezekiel 38 war. Russia, allied states of Iran, Ethiopia, Somalia, Germany and Armenia will invade Israel. God will miraculously destroy the invading army by earthquake, civil war among the invading soldiers, pestilence, blood, flood, hailstones, fire and brimstone. This will bring a revival in Israel where many Jews will turn to the Lord, and Israel will spend 7 years and 7 months burying the bodies and burning for fuel the military equipment left behind (Ezekiel 39:9-16).

The 5th birth pang will be the development of a one world government (Daniel 7:23-24).

The 6th birth pang will be the splitting of the one world government into 10 kingdoms and this Ten Kingdom Stage will continue until mid-Tribulation (Daniel 7:24).

The 7th birth pang will be the revelation of the Antichrist (II Thessalonians 2:1-3; Daniel 7:24).

The 8th birth pang will be a period of peace and false security that will be shattered by the Tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3).

The 9th and final birth pang before the Tribulation is the signing of the 7-year covenant between Israel and the Antichrist. THIS EVENT IS WHAT BEGINS THE (7-year) TRIBULATION - NOT THE RAPTURE!

The Rapture of the Church (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18) is also a pre-tribulational event (Luke 21:34-37; 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10; Revelation 3:10; Revelation 19:6-8). The fact that the Church is not mentioned in any of the Tribulation Scriptures proves the Rapture is pre-tribulational. All raptured Christians will receive glorified bodies (Romans 8:22-23; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54)) and it can happen at any second.

THE FIRST HALF OF THE TRIBULATION (SUPPORTING VERSES IN REVELATION 6-9 AND 17)

The Ministry of 144,000 sealed Jewish believers will bring many throughout the world to accept Christ.

There will be a powerful Ministry of Two Witnesses who will also be anointed Jewish believers.

A one world religious system (Babylon the Harlot) will rule. Under this one world religious system, many who are saved during the Tribulation will suffer persecution and death.

The Political system of the 10 kings of the one world government will continue.

During the first half of the Tribulation there will also be war, worldwide famine, death (1/4 of the world’s population will die), a huge earthquake, a blackout and a meteor shower. 1/3 of earth’s dry surface will be destroyed, 1/3 sea life and salt water will be destroyed, a fallen angel called Wormwood will make 1/3 of earth’s fresh water bitter, 1/3 of earth’s natural light sources will be destroyed, there will be another blackout and demons in the form of “locust-scorpions” will come up out of the abyss led by Abaddon their king and they will inflict harm and pain for five months upon those who are not sealed by God (unbelievers). Another demonic invasion will occur and the demons involved will be led by four fallen angels who will be released from the Euphrates River and this army will kill 1/3 of the earth’s population.

MID-TRIBULATION (SUPPORTING VERSES IN REVELATION 10-14 AND 17)

The Antichrist will war against the 10 kings, and during the war the Antichrist will be killed.

Satan will be cast out of the atmospheric heavens onto earth and will resurrect the Antichrist.

The Antichrist will kill 3 kings (the kings of Syria, Egypt and Mesopotamia) and the 7 other kings will submit to him.

The Antichrist will kill the Two Witnesses in Jerusalem and the wicked people will celebrate this event. Three and a half days afterwards, God will resurrect the Two Witnesses and take them up to Heaven and the people who celebrated will become terrified. The city of Jerusalem where the murder of the Two Witnesses occurred will then suffer an earthquake which will kill 7,000 people.

The False Prophet will receive from Satan the power to perform great miracles and will deceive many. The False Prophet will command all people to worship the Antichrist and have persons create an image to the Antichrist. The False Prophet will use his satanic powers to give it life and the ability to speak. The False Prophet will cause those who refuse to worship the Antichrist and the image to be killed.

The False Prophet will issue his own counterfeit seal known as the Mark of the Beast and it will be placed on all those who surrender to the Antichrist’s authority and accept him as god. Those who refuse to take this mark will not be able to buy or sell. Those who take this mark will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire.

The Antichrist will break the seven-year covenant he made with Israel, cause the sacrifices to stop, sit in the Jewish Temple, declare to the world that he is really God and set up an idol called the Abomination of Desolation in the Temple (Daniel 9:27; Daniel 12:11; Matthew 24:15-16; 11Thessalonians 2:3-4; Revelation 13:11-15).

Through the Antichrist and the False Prophet, Satan will attempt to destroy the Jews once and for all but he will fail because 1/3 of the Jews will succeed in fleeing into the wilderness. These Jews who escape will accept the Lord Jesus as their Saviour during the Tribulation (Zechariah 13:7-9) and while they are in hiding, God will miraculously provide for them (Zechariah 13:8-9; Isaiah 41:17-20). Divine intervention will also destroy the pursuing army.

THE SECOND HALF OF THE TRIBULATION (SUPPORTING VERSES FOUND IN REVELATION 15, 16, 18, 19, 20)

In the second half of the Tribulation, those with the Mark of the Beast will suffer skin sores, the remainder of sea water and fresh water will be destroyed, the sun will cause terrible burns and the wicked will blaspheme God. There will be yet another blackout and persons will suffer gnawing pains.

Babylon will be the center of world economy and political system but Babylon will be swiftly destroyed by fire and become uninhabitable for man.

The Antichrist will locate the Jews who sought refuge in the wilderness and surround them with his armies to wipe them out. The Lord Jesus will then descend from Heaven with His angels and Saints. He will come with great glory riding upon a horse and will destroy the Antichrist, the False Prophet and all of their armies. After this, a loud voice will cry out “It is done!” followed by the greatest earthquake in the earth’s history and hail weighing 120 pounds will fall.

At the end of the Tribulation, there will be another blackout, the stars will fall from the sky and the heavenly bodies will be shaken (Matthew 24:29), the Antichrist and the False Prophet will be thrown into the eternal Lake of Fire and Satan will be cast into the Abyss and bound for 1,000 years.

THE MILLENNIUM

The Lord Jesus will reign over the entire earth during the Millennium. The Jewish and Gentile believers who survive the Tribulation will go on to populate the Millennium. Believers who died before and during the Tribulation and believers who were raptured will be present on earth during the Millennium and because they will have glorified bodies they will not reproduce. All believers will be given special tasks by the Lord Jesus (Revelation 20:4-6). There will be no wars (Isaiah 2:2-4), animals will return to the Edenic state and become vegetarians (Isaiah 11:6-9), people will not labour in vain but eat what they plant and inhabit what they build, there will be renovations in the heavens and earth and there will be righteous and unrighteous children born during the Millennium (Isaiah 65:17-25).

At the end of the Millennium, Satan will be loosed from the Abyss and will deceive and gather the unrighteous for a war against the righteous. This will be his final attempt to destroy the righteous and when the unrighteous of the Millennium surround the good people, God will send fire down from Heaven which will suddenly and massively annihilate all of the wicked people. Satan will then be cast into the Lake of Fire where he will remain in torment for eternity (Revelation 20:7-10).

THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT

The Great White Throne Judgment will be the next main event. The old heavens and earth will be done away with and all will stand before God’s throne to be judged (Revelation 20:11-12). Those whose names are not found written in the Book of Life will be cast into the Lake of Fire which will be their final and eternal abode (Revelation 20:14-15).

THE ETERNAL ORDER (REVELATION 21 AND 22)

Those whose names are found in the Book of Life will enjoy paradise with God forever. The heavens and earth will be made new and the New Jerusalem will come down upon the earth making the earth like Heaven. All curses from the fall will be removed and the earth will be inhabited by the Triune God (The Father, Son and Holy Spirit), all angels and all of the righteous. The seas, moon, night and sun will be done away with and the glory of God will illuminate the earth. The River of Life will flow from God’s throne, the Tree of Life will bear health-giving fruits and leaves and the name of Jesus will be on the foreheads of all of the righteous.

God’s Plan of Salvation for Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZkDk1GZ7do

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.