dangelo h asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Vince Carter traded to the Orlando Magic?

What do you guys think about Vince Carter being in Orlando?Do you think they will be better with him,Rashard Lewis,Dwight Howard,hopefully Turkoglu re-signs and Jameer Nelson?

Best Answer

The teams talent is incredible, they should go to the finals but eg's might get in the way. Who is the leader of Magic? Vincanity or Superman. If they could work together, they should take down King James and Shaq.

Yes, the magic actually traded for him assuming they would not be able to resign turkoglue and with their salary situation before and after, it is almost impossible. The following is my take on the trade, which explains all this and more, hope i helped. I agree that their trade has serious issues. It is dead and done, but this was my reaction earlier today about it. Well my thougths are mixed about the possibility and legitamacy of this trade, and its possible effectiveness or innefectiveness. It is clearly a move for the now disregarding the future, and it appears that the only reason for the move is the possible loss of hedo turkoglue. In my opinion, the magic's systems all around shooting and balance is what gives it its potency. Lee is part of that balance, alston is a decent back up, and battie is a decent defensive peice. The thing here is that vince has never been the aggresive stud he needs to be in this system, as one of the few players capable of penetrating and making open shots for others. Carter doesn't go to the rim enough to really open up the shooters when howard is not scoring regularly or drawing doubles, and he has always been accused of being jumpshot happy, which is exactly th eopposite of the magic needs. THey need a replacement for hedo, a guy who can get his own shot, will be aggresive, get into the paint, and if he has to knock down the open j, but not to settle,. As vince gets older he is mroe and more reluctant to attack and his efficieansy gets worse and worse. The magic are a jumpshooting team and they need a guy who can shoot 45% +. Perhaps with a lower volume of shots, vince could be succesful, although his passing out after a penetration would have to improve. But i think having carter is a major downgrade. he is older, more injury prone, less efficient, has been known to be jumpshot happy and force offense and does not have the size and versatility offensively of turkoglue. This trade really relies on hedo leaving, and i see the magic pulling out the stops to resign him and preserve their core. So, the trade appears unlikely and a bad fit, but who knows, perhaps hedo gets a big offer, they sign vince, with fewer shots to take he is more aggresive, gets into the paint with nelson, knocks down open shots, and opens up teamates. It could workout being equivalent to turkoglue, the issue is will carter be healthy long enough for howard to finish developing. An interesting trade with some potential and some issues, pretty balanced in terms of risk, it all depends on vinces attitude. hope i helped

Turk is out, but Orlando is still a good team, actually, I'd say better. With Nelson, Carter, Lewis and Howard they're still a good 50 win team, if Petrius joins the starting line-up, they'll have a good perimeter defender. Their bench is still a little short, Maybe Ryan Anderson will develope better in Orlando, but Hedo was has already been as good as he'll ever be this year.

I think its a better trade than the shaq one, they now have a better defender at the SG position which they were missing against the Lakers. I kept saying to myself why would put a rookie on the best player in the NBA. Plus if Turkoglu doesn't re-sign then you have a replacement in Pietrus would showed has what it takes in the finals

PG-Nelson

SG-Carter

SF-Pietrus

PF-Howard

C-Gortat

Yes Vince will be good with Orlando and they will compete for a championship.

Idk. Maybe im different, but the Carter trade pretty much told me that they will not be re-signing Turkuglu.

I think the Magic will be better. Carter brings a lot with this team and it makes them better.

These guys are championship hungry now.

They Have A Roster that will surely Go to Conference finals

I don't think Magic need him, he can provide ticket sales for sure, 2 of best dunker in today NBA in one team, is interesting to see.

Yes. and Turk opted out so he's not coming back.

Orlando needs to pick up a PF.

eh who cares magic suck! lol