I found "filed claim with government" on my credit report: What does that mean?

I got a call a few weeks ago from a collection agency. They claimed I had defaulted on 5 private (AES) student loans, and I needed to pay them in full or they would take involuntary collection procedures against me. I had been under the impression that these loans were in deferrment, but the company claimed they... show more I got a call a few weeks ago from a collection agency. They claimed I had defaulted on 5 private (AES) student loans, and I needed to pay them in full or they would take involuntary collection procedures against me. I had been under the impression that these loans were in deferrment, but the company claimed they left deferrment and the reason I received no paperwork on it was because they did not have an updated address for me. (This is untrue; and they did have my phone number, obviously). I offered payment arrangements, but the company refused and said they needed to be paid in full. When I asked what their "involuntary collections procedures" involved, they wouldn't tell me. I ordered a copy of my credit report, and under those 5 loans, they are listed as "transferred to recovery, claim filed with government." I have no idea what that last part means, and would like some help. I've tried calling the collections company several times, and I always get an answering machine, and nobody returns my calls. I called the original loan provider, and they let me put 2 other loans I have with them into a repayment plan and said to contact the collections agency to make payment arrangements on the other 5. Again, the collection agency won't work with me. I'm very confused and unsure what they can do. I am worried because of a situation that happened a few years ago. My father is the co-signer on these loans. We had a family falling out and about 2 years ago, he tried to say I forged his signature on all of the loans. A police officer interviewed me, but nothing ever came of the allegations (btw, they are NOT true). When I see the "claim filed with government" part, I worry that it has something to do with that.