How do Conservatives equate Rush and others like Michael Savage with their "Family Values" views?

You often as of late hear the word hypocrite and Conservative in the same sentence. Could this be because of not only the recent events of Republican leaders getting caught having adulterous affairs and using prostitutes but because of the radio and TV personal ties they listen to? Micheal Savage is a good... show more You often as of late hear the word hypocrite and Conservative in the same sentence. Could this be because of not only the recent events of Republican leaders getting caught having adulterous affairs and using prostitutes but because of the radio and TV personal ties they listen to?

Micheal Savage is a good example. He once had over ten million viewers just like Rush. He also had a TV show but Savage was fired from his MSNBC television show after remarks made in response to a caller, later identified as prank caller Bob Foster, who insulted Savage's teeth. Savage then asked if Foster was a "sodomite", to which the caller answered, "Yes." Savage then said to the caller, "Oh, so you're one of those sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig; how's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig? You got nothing better to do than to put me down, you piece of garbage? You got nothing to do today? Go eat a sausage, and choke on it. Get trichinosis. Now do we have another nice caller here who's busy because he didn't have a nice night in the bathhouse who's angry at me today? Put another, put another sodomite on....no more calls?...I don't care about these bums; they mean nothing to me. They're all sausages."

On the radio he said said that female students who come from a Marin County private school to feed and provide services to the homeless "can go in and get raped by them because they seem to like the excitement of it..."[

Now with hate mongering like this do you wonder why Conservatives and the self proclaimed Christian Right would listen to him? Rush Limbaugh has had similar hate tirades as well yet the "family values" listeners seem to embrace Rush. Is this a bit hypocritical of them? Will Rush also be banned from traveling to the UK as Savage was for his hating ways? Was our 1st Amendment set up for people like this?

Even children are fair game for this well known Conservative. Here's a remark on child kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart. Savage called Elizabeth her "Snow White." He then went on to say that if he were writing a newspaper article about what had happened to Elizabeth Smart that the headline would be, "Snow White Gets Raped By Bum In White Robes." He then said that if he were going to write a book about what happened to Elizabeth Smart that the title would be, "LIZZIE DOES UTAH."

Does listening and holding up high people like this lead others to equate Conservatives with hypocrisy or is it just the recent immoral behavior of their leaders? How do Conservatives equate family values with comments like these?
Update: Many people consider Rush the de-facto leader of the Republican party.
10 answers 10