Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How do Conservatives equate Rush and others like Michael Savage with their "Family Values" views?

You often as of late hear the word hypocrite and Conservative in the same sentence. Could this be because of not only the recent events of Republican leaders getting caught having adulterous affairs and using prostitutes but because of the radio and TV personal ties they listen to?

Micheal Savage is a good example. He once had over ten million viewers just like Rush. He also had a TV show but Savage was fired from his MSNBC television show after remarks made in response to a caller, later identified as prank caller Bob Foster, who insulted Savage's teeth. Savage then asked if Foster was a "sodomite", to which the caller answered, "Yes." Savage then said to the caller, "Oh, so you're one of those sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig; how's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig? You got nothing better to do than to put me down, you piece of garbage? You got nothing to do today? Go eat a sausage, and choke on it. Get trichinosis. Now do we have another nice caller here who's busy because he didn't have a nice night in the bathhouse who's angry at me today? Put another, put another sodomite on....no more calls?...I don't care about these bums; they mean nothing to me. They're all sausages."

On the radio he said said that female students who come from a Marin County private school to feed and provide services to the homeless "can go in and get raped by them because they seem to like the excitement of it..."[

Now with hate mongering like this do you wonder why Conservatives and the self proclaimed Christian Right would listen to him? Rush Limbaugh has had similar hate tirades as well yet the "family values" listeners seem to embrace Rush. Is this a bit hypocritical of them? Will Rush also be banned from traveling to the UK as Savage was for his hating ways? Was our 1st Amendment set up for people like this?

Even children are fair game for this well known Conservative. Here's a remark on child kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart. Savage called Elizabeth her "Snow White." He then went on to say that if he were writing a newspaper article about what had happened to Elizabeth Smart that the headline would be, "Snow White Gets Raped By Bum In White Robes." He then said that if he were going to write a book about what happened to Elizabeth Smart that the title would be, "LIZZIE DOES UTAH."

Does listening and holding up high people like this lead others to equate Conservatives with hypocrisy or is it just the recent immoral behavior of their leaders? How do Conservatives equate family values with comments like these?

Many people consider Rush the de-facto leader of the Republican party.

Favorite Answer

How can you say "family values" and Rush Limbaugh in the same sentence?

I am not sure how the self-righteous Conservatives seem to think that these men are somehow OK? They are not and why do people equate them with hypocrisy, well just look at the last 3 cases ..All three are still in office , no consequences at all. Bill Clinton was impeached and Elliot Spitzer resigned yet these guys are still there and they all ran on the "family values" platform of the GOP. If Republicans or Conservatives want anyone to respect them they have to either throw these bums out or at least impeach or censure them.

How do liberals defend their stance on censorship while screaming for freedom of Speech. Oh the "bigot" thing. You have a right to free speech so long as it is in agreement with mine. Yea I get it. Your motives are clear. It is often the case that people are offended by the truth. Just ask Bill Cosby about speaking the truth and how popular you become within your own community.

• Curt J

What really gets me, is how liberals are convinced that we Conservatives live our lives according to the dictates of Rush, or that they think that by constantly bringing up the discretion's of a few, we will not remember the fact that their party too, has philanderers, liars, crooks and any other form of sleazy person you care to mention. We don't keep reminding you of your disgraced ex-Governor Blagojevic do we? Sick Willy Clinton however, is another story and the poster child for Sleazy behavior.

Please: Stop calling Conservative hypocrites when you are just as guilty of hypocrisy, more in some cases.

Source(s): Just my opinion

Hypocrisy is on both sides of the aisle. Failure to acknowledge that is hypocrisy in the purest form. The only people who consider Rush the defacto leader are those that hate him. Coincidence? Hardly. Nice rant by the way.

Source(s): blocking people is worthless

You must remember they are there for entertainment purposes only. Unlike liberals conservatives do not look to entertainers for advice on who to vote for. And Rush only has about 13% of the Republican party as listeners. I really thing the rest of the viewers are liberals listening to him while hiding in their closets.

jesus said it best...let him without sin cast the first stone. what amazes me is why liberals think that conservatives buy into this type of...'bot' philosophy they have with obama. i have no such persuasion.

i am a conservative because i CHOOSE to be. whoever commentator you mention of the day has no effect on me at all. i chose to be because what obama and his beloved bots are doing to this economy sickens me. by the way, im far from rich, over fifty, and feel there is nothing wrong, illegal or immoral about wanting to keep more of what you legitimately earn to enable your family to live. finally i dont need a government to take care of me or tell me how to live. ive been doing quite well on my own for fifty one years, thanks.

and as far as family values, ive been married for over twenty five years and have never had to go to the government for any type of assistance.

And what key positions in the republican party do Savage and Limbaugh hold? They are celebrities, they say what they do for their ratings and that's it. They say "hateful" things because they know the left will eat it right up and tune in everyday to see what they are going to say next.

You pick Michael Savage to represent conservatives; I pick Howard Stern to represent liberals.

HAHAHA Tony Montana

"Say hello to my little friend!"

Republicans have conservative minds, but liberal penises.