Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Is it normal to miscarriage?

Is normal for every woman to miscarriage at least once in their marriage?

Favorite Answer

"Miscarriage is the most common type of pregnancy loss, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Studies reveal that anywhere from 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will end in miscarriage. Chemical pregnancies may account for 50-75% of all miscarriages." (http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplica... - a quote from this website I researched.

I don't hear a lot about miscarriage today, but I have heard some strange things that leads some women to have miscarriages more often. One of my professors said his wife had two miscarriages before they realized that her cervix just wouldn't hold for some reason. I'm sure theres a name for the condition, but basically she just needed a stitch in her cervix so it couldn't open anymore. It completely resolved her issue and she was able to have two healthy children with no complications. Hope this helps.

im not sure... my mum had 7 miscarrages back when she was trying... yet me... first time being pregnant and everything seems to be going well...

In my opinion a lot of factors come up as to why people would miscarry and i really feel environment/stress plays a big role... say for my mum as an eg. my father was an abusive alcoholic who would could come home pissed pretty much every night and make life hell for everyone.

Yet i am engaged to a great supportive guy who would never do anything to hurt me, makes me laugh, rubs whatever is sore, cooks, cleans when i don't feel up to it... and i have had no problems with my pregnancy. I'm sure there are many other factors out there but that's my opinion on the matter...

Source(s): me.... 27 weeks pregnant

It's not normal, but it is common. Usually they can't even tell you why it happened, it could be so many things, and most women go on to have healthy pregnancies after, so they don't even really try to find the cause unless you have at least 2 or 3.

Source(s): Miscarried at 13 weeks.

i wouldn't say normal, but it isn't rare. thank GOD i've never had that happen, nor do i know many people--but i've read that the miscarriage rate is 20%, and that's reported. some women might miscarry so early that they don't realize it. if it's happened to you--don't fault yourself, it's just the course of nature.

• Lol

Stats show that almost one in three/four pregnancies end in miscarriage. Most women just dont know when they've had one .

It's not quite "normal" as it is a precaution. See a doctor to make sure you are ok and then try again if you wish.