LGTB, Do you find the movie Bruno, offensive?

I feel it's very sterotypical and will just make the audience think laughing at gay people is ok.

• robert
    Favorite Answer

eh. i'm sure some people will see it that way, but it's so ridiculous and over the top it's almost not offensive because it's that stupid. and i'm sure bruno will mercilessly lampoon homophobes, at least i hope

• Absolutely not, I think it's gonna be an amazingly funny movie! It won't bother me because they aren't really making fun of gay people, it's just Sacha's character. Some people will definitely find it offensive, but they have to learn that the point of the film is to not harass homosexuals but to produce laughs out of a bigger audience. =]

While this may be true and it is stereotypical, I would prefer the people at school laugh at me than to reject me so hard that they don't even notice I am there, whether the people at school shun you like that or not I would prefer they laughed at me, but if majority rules then we can actually ban the movie by having gays/bi's protest against it.

@panda: I am still following you picking up all the cookies! 118...119...120...

i think it looks funny, i never thought of it that way though. yeah, it will deffinetly make making fun of gay people fun for a while after it comes out and people will be talking in a german accent to make fun of gays but it will go away after a few months. i thought borat was stupid, it only had like 3 funny parts, but everyone i know wouldnt stop talking in the borart voice yelling NOT after every thing they said for like a YEAR. i hope the anti gay crap doesnt last that long.

Well, your underestimating the masses. They're not that stupid. Borat could be called racist but in reality it was mocking racism's stupidity. It was one big, offensive joke albeit a joke in very bad taste. People should be able to laugh at stereotypes comfortably. (Though nothing extreme such as mocking the Holocaust. That's just effed up.)

Apart of me thinks that, but apart of me just wants to laugh at it XD I've seen some previews and some parts are funny, but I honestly don't know how it will effect the gay community. But there's not really anything I can do about it so I don't really care.

While it is very stereotypical, I'm not offended by it. I think that sometimes, when it's appropriate at least, people need to learn to laugh at themselves. I don't think the whole point of the movie was to trash homosexuals, but like SomaX said, to expose America's homophobic tendencies. She's made a really good point there.

Eh I think it's good and bad. Bad by pressing the stereotype but then again it's just too outrageous that people will possibly disbelieve the stereotype. It looks really funny though and can help get people talking about LGBT related issues in their homes.

I kind of feel the same way... but I loved Borat so much and I think Bruno will be kinda funny :P

I trust Sacha Baron Cohen to make it offensive in a non-offensive way