FHA Loan Down Payment?

am closing on my house tomorrow. Depending on whether of not a check I have written comes back, I may end up being $40.00 short on my down payment amount. My realtor stated that at this point it would probably take too long to get a gift letter and everything signed and delay closing so I should just bring the... show more am closing on my house tomorrow. Depending on whether of not a check I have written comes back, I may end up being $40.00 short on my down payment amount. My realtor stated that at this point it would probably take too long to get a gift letter and everything signed and delay closing so I should just bring the forty dollars in cash with me to the closing. I am recieving the $40 from my parents.

Is this correct information? Or should I go ahead and call my loan officer to get the gift letter info filled out. I would hate to get to closing tomorrow and not get my house because of a silly mistake and $40.

Thanks for your help!