are those vibrating baby swings worth the money?

i saw these at kmart..kinda cute..i was given a used swing..plays music and such but it takes up soooooo much room ..the vibrating one i saw at kmart took up alot less room. but i honestly dont know if its worth getting a vibrating one..i couldnt believe they make vibrating bassinets as well.

oops i forgot they make bouncers and swings..ok which is better to have when you have 2 idiotic cats lol

• J.A.
    Favorite Answer

Some babies love their swings, my baby hates hers with a passion. Every baby is different. I would suggest to you to wait until baby is born, that way you can try out different ones with him there and see what she likes. My daughter doesn't use her swing or bouncer

• blank

I wouldn't think a vibrating swing would be necessary, but definitely a vibrating bouncer. That was my absolute saving grace when my son was a newborn. It was the only way he would sleep, and the only way I could set him down. If you already have a swing, don't spend money on a new one, at least not until you see if your baby even likes it. We had an expensive swing and my son hated it. We sold it when he was 4 months old, but only got half of what we paid for it. If your baby ends up loving the swing, you could always get a different one.

I think it's worth a shot, just make sure you look at the weight limits on them and try to shoot for one that you could use longer. Also, many stores have second hand ones that clean up nice (as short of a time that these are used, why buy a new one if you can help it??). My son likes his, not all the time, but it does give me a nice break for a bit to clean and so forth, get things done. I like the idea of the papasan swing, too, but I would worry that you couldn't use it for long. It also doesn't vibrate (not sure if that would matter to you or not). Good luck!

Mine never liked the vibration functions on swings or bouncers. Although they did like the swing. The thing that would actually save you money is getting a swing that plugs in. Batteries are expensive. You can also get pretty decent swings at resale shops and rummage sales.

well a lot of babies (not all) like the motion because it's soothing to them, just like they fall asleep in the car because of the motion of the car. When i was a baby my mom used to set my car seat on top of the dryer while it was going because it would calm me down, same with my husband when he was a baby (my mother in law told me). We bought our daughter a vibrating bouncer and then a regular swing that plays music and swings. I guess we will have to wait a see if she likes it or not. But i was recommended to buy it from other family members they said they were lifesavers when it came to calming their babies down and putting then to sleep

I think a vibrating Bouncy is a better deal. And for that my son LOVES the vibration sometimes i don't even have to bounce him he just goes right to sleep. Not to mention they're easy to move into the next room or keep an eye on them when you shower and not have to worry.

Both my sons used our vibrating bouncer for the first few months and the swing as well, so we use both.

lots of babies loves these vibrating boncers and swings. Mine unfortunately hated them. I spent the first 5 months holding him.

Source(s): mommy of Jude 11 months

Yeah! I think so. When my son was a newborn he loved it. Sometimes thats the only thing he would sleep in longer. It was a life saver!

You don't use them for long though. Well I didn't atleast. When my son started getting older he hated being in there and actually kinda broke it.

But overall I liked it and I plan on having one for my next baby as well.

my daughter hates her swing, it vibrates, and plays music. she loves her vibrating bouncy seat.