Remedies for infections?
Anyone have any tips on getting rid of yeast infection? I've been told that drinking cranberry juice helps, and to stop having sex. Have any other tips?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Systemic infection with candida and other strains of
yeast is epidemic today and is an underlying factor in many chronic conditions (e.g. migraines, colitis, obesity, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, sinusitis, PMS). This is a result of immune failure and contributes to immunity's progressive weakening. Home remedies for yeast infection can also be used in combination with other remedies for the above mention symptoms.
Other contributing causes include antibiotics, which destroy protective intestinal bacteria, and a variety of immune-damaging factors and environmental toxins. Sugar and carbohydrate excess, or estrogen imbalance (hormone therapy` pill, PMS),
sweetens the tissues, creating a yeast breeding ground. Food allergies and a toxic digestive system (dysbiosis) complete the picture. Home remedies for yeast infection can reverse the imbalance and return it to normal levels.
Antifungal herbs must be used and alternated for some time. An integral part of treatment is yeast die-off or Herxheimer reaction, which can produce fatigue, headaches, digestive upset and so on. The side effects can be minimized by starting with low dosages, increasing gradually, and helping detoxification. A low-carb, high-protein diet, digestive enzymes, liver detoxification and immune-strengthening herbs are essential. Check below a list of home remedies for yeast infections. See also Candida
Home remedies for Yeast Infection
Home remedies for Yeast Infection #1: Black Walnut**—Juglans nigra
• Unripe, green hulls contain juglone, an effective antifungal agent.
• Assists with systemic candida, athlete's foot and ring worm infections.
• Also inhibits other fungi, cryptococcus, salmonella, staph, E. coli.
Home remedies for Yeast Infection #2: Cat's Claw* * *—Una de gato/Uncaria tormentosa
• Has antimicrobial effects for fungi, viruses, bacteria, parasites.
• Important intestinal cleanser for dysbiosis, leaky gut, diverticulitis, colitis, Crohn's. Anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, immune strengthening.
Home remedies for Yeast Infection #3: Celandine*--Chelidonium majus
• Treats candida effectively; powerful liver detox fier and hepatic strength-
ener; helps in removal of candida metabolites from the bloodstream.
Home remedies for Yeast Infection #4: Garlic***—Allium sativa
• Contains several antifungal ingredients; rapidly destroys yeast.
• Stimulates immune function. Highly antiseptic, effective in infections, and is beneficial for long-term use against chronic candida syndromes.
Home remedies for Yeast Infection #5: Goldenseal***—Hydrastis canadensis
• Strong antifungal effects, while healing intestinal mucus linings.
• Strengthens and detoxifies the liver; immune and white cell stimulant.
Home remedies for Yeast Infection #6: Yeast infection Tinture:
1 ounce tincture of black walnut husk (fresh)
1/2 ounce each tinctures lavender flowers, valerian root, pau d'arco.
10 drops tea tree oil.
Mix all the ingredients and shake well before each use. Take 2 to 3 dropperfuls a day.Source(s): http://www.homemademedicine.com
- LINDA RLv 71 decade ago
Use over the counter medications such as Monistat or Vagistat. They are treatments that you put directly into the vagina to stop the infection.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
cransplash made by garden greens. its sold at gnc stores. u should also stay away carbonated sodas, & alcoholic beverages. u should also drink plenty of water a day( 56 ozs)