Porn; is it really "healthy'?

I tend to think not. These are from an Article in Time Magazine. Can even recreational use be unhealthy? A 2003 online study by Texas Christian University found that the more pornography men watch, the more likely they are to describe women in sexualized terms and categorize women in traditional gender roles.... show more I tend to think not.
These are from an Article in Time Magazine.

Can even recreational use be unhealthy? A 2003 online study by Texas Christian University found that the more pornography men watch, the more likely they are to describe women in sexualized terms and categorize women in traditional gender roles. Mark Schwartz, director of the Masters and Johnson clinic in St. Louis, Mo., says porn not only causes men to objectify women—seeing them as an assemblage of breasts, legs and buttocks—but also leads to a dependency on visual imagery for arousal. "Men become like computers, unable to be stimulated by the human beings beside them," he says. "The image of a lonely, isolated man masturbating to his computer is the Willy Loman metaphor of our decade."

Sometimes pornography tears couples apart. At the 2003 meeting of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, two-thirds of the 350 divorce lawyers who attended said the Internet played a significant role in divorces in the past year, with excessive interest in online porn contributing to more than half of such cases. "This is clearly related to the Internet," says Richard Barry, president of the association. "Pornography had an almost nonexistent role in divorce just seven or eight years ago."

wrong idea at a formative age. Whereas children used to supplement sex education by tearing through National Geographic in search of naked aboriginals and leafing through the occasional Penthouse they stumbled across in the garage, today many are confronted by pornographic images on a daily basis. In a 2001 poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation, 70% of 15-to 17-year-olds said they had accidentally come across pornography online. Older teens may be aware of the effects of such images: 59% of 15-to-24-year-olds told the pollsters they believe seeing porn on the Internet encourages young people to have sex before they are ready; 49% said it promotes bad attitudes toward women and encourages viewers to think unprotected sex is O.K. "Pornography is affecting people at an increasingly young age," says sociologist Diana Russell, who has written several books on the subject. "And unfortunately for many kids growing up today, pornography is the only sex education they'll get."

Because children learn sexual cues early, boys may train themselves to respond only to images shaped by porn stars, while girls may learn that submission and Brazilian bikini waxes are the keys to pleasing men. Recent studies show a correlation between increased aggressiveness in boys and exposure to pornography, and a link between childhood use of porn and sexually abusive behavior in adulthood. "It's not easy to shock me," says Judith Coche, a therapist in Philadelphia who has been in practice for 25 years. "But one 11-year-old girl's parents discovered their daughter creating her own pornographic website because it's 'cool' among her friends." As such incidents multiply, more Americans—parents especially—may come to Chandler's conclusion: We have to turn off the porn.

Whats your opinion? Do you think it's healthy or normal?
Update: Boots; ya I realise there is a lot of info on the subject. There many articles and studies like this. I am not crusading against porn, I just think it's gotten out of hand. Anyway, you keep trying to defend your addiction. Keep whacking it bud.
Update 2: I didn't attack anyone in my question. I only asked for peoples opinions. So, feel free to say what you like, but if you attack me as a "crusader against porn" I will only assume you are trying to defend your habit.
Update 3: Christoba; Nice try, but your example using automobiles doesn't relate to porn at all. Almost all adults in America drive, and auto accidents, although many are do to the irresponseability of the driver, they are usually something that can't be avoided, hence the word accident. Yes, if you put 10 men in a... show more Christoba; Nice try, but your example using automobiles doesn't relate to porn at all. Almost all adults in America drive, and auto accidents, although many are do to the irresponseability of the driver, they are usually something that can't be avoided, hence the word accident.
Yes, if you put 10 men in a room to view porn each of them will have different reactions, however over time these images stick into a persons brain, and over time a person will become desensitized to certain types of porn, thus forcing them to seek out even more perverse types of porn. To me you sound like another man just trying to defend their habit. The views and opinions of the therapists and pchycologists in the article are based on what they have seen from the hundreds of people that they encounter with regards to the subject of porn. So I think that they have a little more knowledge on the subject than you or me, and they are not to be taken lightly.