Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Why was Jason Newsted kicked out of Metallica?

I love the new guy, but I prefer Jason Newsted's playing instead.

BQ: Who was the best bassist for Metallica?

BQ2: What is the best Metallica album?

• ak6702
    Favorite Answer

Having been there when they moved to Old Bridge my fav was Cliff.I have bunch of friends from Madison Central-otherwise know as Headbangers High.Cliff was real real nice guy-I still remember where I was when I heard on K-Rock about his death.It was black armbands on Metallica shirts for the week at my school.It really was sad.My friends from that side of Old Bridge near Johnny Z(The President of Mega-Force records) used to hang out with them.I did also meet James-Lars when the hung out at Rock and Roll Heaven in Route 18 Flea Market.Real nice dudes in those days.James coulda used some acme meds.Johnny was real cool dude.He new raw talent when he saw it.Hell I even put some spare change in the jar for the record label.

I also met Jason during the And Justice tour.We took a group photo-I said anyone not from Old Bridge needs to step out-since he never lived in Old Bridge he jumped out.What a card.Really nice guy also.

Best was Cliff Jason was good but Cliff had the sound that made them.

Best Album Live S&M-They took metal to the next level.

Master was by far the album that broke open the gates for thrash/speed.

Peace Love and Metal

Old Bridge Metal Militia 4-Life!

tbh he left himself because james was a control freak lars aswell lars and james were taking months off to be with family

BQ2: What is the best Metallica album?

Source(s): -

jason wanted to have more of a say in their music but James ya know is "The boss". So Jason just left.

BQ2: CLIFF BURTON!!!!! He was amazing for a bassist. Just listen to what that guy suggested Anastesia. Bad @$$

Q3: I think its a tie between .....And Justice For All, Kill Em All, And Master Of Puppets. Either way remember all their music rocks!!!!! *everything from 1995 and back. Its when they were Heavy.

Source(s): ME

He was the new kid at the time. Before him it was Cliff Burton, and you know the other guys in Met loved Cliff. But when he died, they basically took out all their anger on Jason, since he was the new kid. Jason felt he couldnt really put any input in Metallica so he left. He was never kicked out.

BQ: All of them are extremely talented, but Cliif Burton

BQ: ...And Justice For All

P.S. James didnt like how Jason was in side projects and was just going to talk to him about them, he wasn't going to kick him out

Source(s): I've watched many Metallica documentaries

He wasn't kicked out. He himself decided to leave. Yeah, I also prefer Jason over Robert.

BA: Cliff Burton. His death was very sad. He is the best bassist of all time for me.

R.I.P Cliff

BA: Ride the Lightning/Kill 'em All/And Justice for All/ Master of Puppets

Jason was not kicked out. He wanted to have more of a say in their music but you know James and Lars....always the control freaks.

BQ: Cliff Burton (but I like Jason also)

BQ2: Kill em All - it has Cliff playing a solo song called (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth...awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK2hruTkUVA

Youtube thumbnail

Jason left on his own. He always wanted to do this and that. and he was always playing. comming up with new material.

but his band members treated him like ****.

they didn't let him out any word into anything.

and if u listen to the and justice for all album, no matter how close u listen its hard to hear any bass lines in any songs. they did that on purpose. go ahead and listen to "ONE"

tell me if u hear any bass.

oh and cliff was the best bassist.

and Kill Em All is my favorite.

then after that would be st.anger.hahah j.p!!!!

I heard he left to focused on his other new band . and some years he got hazed by the other members of metallica. he also regrets leaving Flotsam & Jetsam.

Cliff Burton

Kill 'em all.

I heard he filed his trouds and they had to gnarfle the garthok.

BA: Cliff Burton

Check out the bass line in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96J1FR_3X1s

Youtube thumbnail

BA2: Toss up between Ride the Lightning and Kill 'Em All