These are the things that make up my belief system.
1. The Holy Scriptures: I believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed (II Tim. 3:16, 17; II Pet. 1:20, 21; Matt. 5:18; John 16:12, 13).
2. The Godhead: I believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – co-equal in being, co-equal in power and glory, identical in nature, and have the same attributes and perfections (Deut. 6:4; II Cor. 13:14).
3. The Person and Work of Christ: I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men and women (John 1:1, 2, 14; Luke 1:35).
4. The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit: I believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and, that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption (John 16:8-11, 3:5, 6; II Cor. 3:6; I Cor. 12:13, 14; Rom. 8:9; Eph. 1:13, 14).
5. The Total Depravity of Man: I believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and, that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition (Gen. 1:26, 27; Rom. 3:22, 23, 5:12; Eph. 2:1-3, 17).
6. Salvation: I believe that salvation is the gift of God, not earned by works, brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. Those who receive Jesus Christ as their Savior are born-again, that is born from above (John 1:12; Eph. 1:7, 2:8-10; I Pet. 1:18-20).
7. The Eternal Security of the Believer: I believe that all the redeemed once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever (John 6:37-40, 10:27-30; Rom. 8:1, 38, 39; I Cor. 1:4-8; I Pet. 1:5).
Grace and peace. God bless.